User Tag List

Edit broomhead... The reason he has appreveal is for the keynotes. The reason unjailbroken iPhones don't have appreveal enabled is because: a. It's stupid and useless and b. It's a HIDDEN feature and apple hid it for a reason. They weren't going to write a special version of the iPhone os just for jobs. His just had all the hidden features enabled. Why in the hell would he have it jailbreaked, he gets 1$ sallary per year
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2009-04-20 at 02:13 AM.
    2009-04-20 02:09 AM
    @ NICKmatteis, that was unnecessarily hostile/rude/insulting. While we understand that it is human to get angry we would like to keep this site as an open place for discussion. Not a place for hatred and insults. We invite you to continue using the site -- just please be a bit more courteous in the future.
    2009-04-20 02:15 AM
    Peace
    2009-04-20 02:19 AM
    I really don't understand why everyone continues to think Steve Jobs is God and somehow has an iPhone created by angels and brought down from Heaven itself. Seriously, he probably just uses a factory unlocked 16GB iPhone 3G (most likely white), with a bunch of apps he purchased himself using his very own iTunes account. At best he's using a 3.0 Beta build, though that's unlikely if he's using his iPhone for important business matters and needs a more stable and tested OS (2.2.1 in this case). I'm sure he's played around with the 3rd Generation iPhone prototype with the latest and greatest version of the 3.0 OS, but using it as his regular phone? Not a chance.

As for the issue at hand (whether or not Steve Jobs' iPhone is jailbroken), I seriously doubt it as it would cause the biggest PR nightmare for Apple if even one photo of Steve Jobs using WinterBoard or some other major Cydia app got out. Besides, the iPhone itself would be a totally different beast if the big wigs at Apple spent any time AT ALL with a jailbroken phone from a perspective other than "Jailbreak bad, must stop jailbreak!".

You're living in a dream world if you think these companies have their own manufacturing lines JUST so the top execs can get sweet custom hardware.
    Last edited by Untaken; 2009-04-20 at 05:10 AM.
    2009-04-20 04:29 AM
    I really don't understand why everyone continues to think Steve Jobs is God and somehow has an iPhone created by angels and brought down from Heaven itself. Seriously, he probably just uses a factory unlocked 16GB iPhone 3G (most likely white), with a bunch of apps he purchased himself using his very own iTunes account. At best he's using a 3.0 Beta build, though that's unlikely if he's using his iPhone for important business matters and needs a more stable and tested OS (2.2.1 in this case). I'm sure he's played around with the 3rd Generation iPhone prototype with the latest and greatest version of the 3.0 OS, but using it as his regular phone? Not a chance.

As for the issue at hand (whether or not Steve Jobs' iPhone is jailbroken), I seriously doubt it as it would cause the biggest PR nightmare for Apple if even one photo of Steve Jobs using WinterBoard or some other major Cydia app got out. Besides, the iPhone itself would be a totally different beast if the big wigs at Apple spent any time AT ALL with a jailbroken phone from a perspective other than "Jailbreak bad, must stop jailbreak!".

You're living in a dream world if you think these companies have their own manufacturing lines JUST so the top execs can get sweet custom hardware.

Well Said

Interesting thread though...
    Last edited by javsay; 2009-07-27 at 03:26 PM.
    2009-07-27 02:43 PM
25 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD