Hi there,

I've recently been trying to jailbreak my Official 2.02 3g iphone and haven't had much joy. Although I follow all the steps to get it into DFU mode, get the black screen, and have the DFU recovery mode driver appear in device manager, nothing will recognise that it's in dfu mode. Quickpwn/Winpwn etc state usb hardware problems, and itunes either doesn't detect it whatsoever or says "waiting for ipod" permanently with a neverending scrolling progress bar.

On a hunch I checked the USB power draw of each mode (Normal/Recovery/DFU) and while Normal/Recovery mode both use 500ma from the usb port, DFU mode sits at 100ma.

This leads me to believe that it's either not requesting more power, or it is and something on my pc isn't responding.

I've tried this with two iphones (2g 1.1.4 jailbroken, and 3g 2.02 official) and two PC's (desktop and laptop, both running WinXP) and two different cables and get the same results every time. Uninstall/reinstall of itunes didn't help either.

Using different USB ports or using a hub gives the same results too.

Can someone test out their iphone in DFU mode while it's detected by itunes/jailbreaking software/whatever and tell me the usb power draw? If that's not it then I'm stumped.
    2008-09-06 12:45 PM
    Right click my computer --> Properties --> Device Manager
    Right click Apple DFU Driver --> Uninstall.
    Unplug USB cable
    Reconnect USB cable with phone attached in DFU Mode.

Voila!!!
    Windows finds it.

I hope this helps someone.
    2009-06-24 02:10 PM
    Hey thank you buddy, your simple solution works for me. Thank you very much.
    Dot Com Infoway - iPad App Development
    http://www.dotcominfoway.com/mobile-...velopment/ipad
    2009-06-24 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD