Hello, I plugged my iphone into my computer today, and I noticed something odd, Instead of having music i had 13 gigs of "other data".
    Within a few seconds It told me I had to restore. During the restore I got an error messege, 160- something I think, and told me the restore had failed. I unplug the iphone and it starts to boot up, then leads to a screen with steve jobs hands in the air, and he is speaking a foreign language (through a speech bubble) it looks like

NPBEA

except the n and a are foreign characters.
    It will restart, but will not stay off, awnd sometimes restarts itself
    I cannot put it into DFU mode, and itunes wont even recognize it. When plugged into the computer windows makes a "new hardware" sound, but nothing else.

Ive tried holding home while i plug it in, but it hasnt helped. Tips?

Update:
    I can now get itune to recognize it occasionally.
    However i get to "Preparing iPhone for restore" and i hangs until I get "The iphone could not be restored. An unknown error ocurred "(1611)"
    Last edited by Pure_Khaos; 2008-09-12 at 07:16 PM.
    2008-09-12 10:07 AM
    i have a friend this is happening to. anyone know how to fix this?
    2009-01-23 06:07 AM
    ...I am getting the same too! I was on a vacation a week/or two ago when it happened to me (the iphone had the working circle in the middle of the screen, than booted in safe mode told me to respring so I did, and from then on I haven't been able to restore it). I read that lots of people have the same problems, some of them succeed some not =(! I tried changing usb ports, uninstall/install itunes 8.1, 8.2 and the farest that i have gotten was the loading bar on my iphone and the line "restoring iphone software" (or something like that), i thought that i've done it and then suddenly, error number **** =(!
    2009-01-23 12:16 PM
    Uninstall iTunes and Apple Mobile Device Support
    Reboot your computer
    Intall iTunes
    Restore iPhone
    2009-01-23 01:52 PM
    has anyone had this happen to them and get it to work again?

aliena was your phone jailbroken?
    2009-01-23 01:59 PM
    ...yes it was jailbroken! When it blocked out it said something about respringing or something like that, booted in safe mode, told me to go to bossprefs and respring which I did and then I never managed to get it to work! I was in Rome and i was using GPS function alot (used offline maps as well)...

Anyway, i don't think that this is a Hardware problem...maybe new firmware will cheer us up =)!

Uninstall iTunes and Apple Mobile Device Support
    Reboot your computer
    Intall iTunes
    Restore iPhone

I tried all that... Deleted data in local settings etc. etc.! I tried it with almost all of my usb ports (6 i think), tried to connect it via USB Hub, tried on my friends comp...nothing =(! Right now i'm on my way to another friend, maybe i'll get lucky there =)!
    Last edited by aLI3Na; 2009-01-23 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-01-23 06:38 PM
    ahh shiat i may have to unjailbreak mine. it aint worth this happening. only thing i use is the themes and video cam. damn imma miss the themes. argg

does anyone know why ths happens?
    2009-01-23 06:48 PM
    ...i don't think that jailbreaking has anything to do with it...

...a step forward...???

I uninstalled itunes and mobile device support, rebooted installed itunes 8.0.2, restored without dfu, failed...than i entered dfu and after some time loading bar appeared, loaded just a few and than error 4! Now I deleted the firmware from "CDocuments and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates" and i'll start again with the dfu!
    Last edited by aLI3Na; 2009-01-23 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-01-23 08:15 PM
    I read cpjr's manual about killing quickpwn when the iphone screen is white. And since I can get it to run with quickpwn (always says to reset it and star again) i put the phone into dfu, start syncing with itunes and killed itunes when the screen was white, then restored with custom ipsw, got error 1604 =(...

Anyway, since there are loads of similar problems with iphones i really think that there is something goning on...with apple I think!

cpjr, please join!!!
    2009-01-25 07:40 PM
    ...then leads to a screen with steve jobs hands in the air, and he is speaking a foreign language (through a speech bubble) it looks like

NPBEA

except the n and a are foreign characters.
    It will restart, but will not stay off, awnd sometimes restarts itself
    I cannot put it into DFU mode, and itunes wont even recognize it. When plugged into the computer windows makes a "new hardware" sound, but nothing else.

Ive tried holding home while i plug it in, but it hasnt helped. Tips?

Update:
    I can now get itune to recognize it occasionally.
    However i get to "Preparing iPhone for restore" and i hangs until I get "The iphone could not be restored. An unknown error ocurred "(1611)"
    1. the steve jobs thing mainly happens when you quickpwn it and change the boot loader
    that is normal in most cases
    if it does it without being plugged it... thats different

2. you say it will reset itself...that is normal IF it is not restarted alot or used alot at one time like 5 hours plus
    the whole staying off without really being off(if that made sense to everyone...i understand it though)...you mean having it just randomly freezing and just staying on a black screen and only "turning on" after a call or when you plug it in..that happens to me alot ofter putting it on sleep for like 5 sec then going bak on

3. last of all if you want to restore just do DFU mode by,while plugged in, the 2 buttons for 10 seconds and then let go of the power and wait for it to find your phone in restore

this is just for giggles but you might have a bad charging port but the chances of that is 1 to 100000000000000000000000000000
    iPhone Devices;3

All the iPhone "Killers";50+

How does the iPhone STILL win?
    2009-01-25 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD