How do you update to 2.1 without loosing the settings from cydia? I quickpwnd on 3g from 2.02. I am waiting for the windows 2.1 Quickpwn but don't want to start over with all my settings and apps.
    thanks,
    mgigs
    2008-09-14 07:28 PM
    Hey guys sorry if this is a easy question....I just want to know if once quickpwn comes out for windows if you add the 2.1 update to quickpwn and that updates the phone or if you do itunes first and loose everything...then quickpwn and start from scratch.
    2008-09-16 03:38 AM
    I really do not know the right answer for you but I too do not want to lose all the suff I have so I am going to wait for wnpwn/qwkpwn to see if it retains all my apps. I hope you do not have to start over and wish I could be more help.
    2008-09-16 05:45 AM
    sorry guys but once installing the new 2.1 software via itunes.. its like taking your phones firmware and making it stock again. unable to access any previous installer or cydia themes or apps. so regardless of weather you back it up or not your gonna need to redo everything i know its a pain. but in the end it will help you because of the positives of this update. good luck guys
    2008-09-17 08:14 PM
    Thanks...I did do it and just re-did everything...
    MG
    2008-09-18 01:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD