User Tag List

Hey everyone, just wanted to say i've been reading this site for awhile and this really is a great community.
    That being said i have a couple questions:
    1)i jailbroke my phone on 2.0 and it works great but i want to update to 2.1. Unfortunatly from what i understand i will loose everything on my phone? Can i SSH into the phone and save all my wallpapers ect?

2)A freind wants me to do his but doesnt want to loose all the contacts. I know the phone should be saving them when you Sync with Itunes but how you i be able to bring them over after jailbreaking?

Thanks in advance!
    2008-09-15 08:51 PM
    Sync your wallpapers and contacts to iTunes. Restore to 2.1 custom firmware... set up as a new phone in iTunes and then re-sync wallpaper and contacts.
    2008-09-15 09:01 PM
    Otherwise, you can pre-select your packages to download inside your custom firmware. Inside the Cydia tab (in pwnage tool), you can go into manage and click "refresh". Then pre-select all of your packages and then build your firmware. It should all be on your new custom firmware.
    2008-09-15 10:02 PM
    Alright sounds good. I guess my next question would be how do i sync my contacts?
    I've sync's my phone many times but where does it save my contacts?
    Thanks
    2008-09-16 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD