User Tag List

Hi,

I have updated my 1st generation 2g iPhone to 2.1 and have since not been able to use, basically i get a "carrier not supported message when i plug it into itunes

I used pwnage first to create CFW, when I got the spinning wheel of death I thought I would just restore with Itunes using the stock clean firmware my mistake because now I cannot use it. It's locked to At&t and because I live in Australia I cant use there carrier
    2008-09-18 01:01 PM
    whenever you restore from a custom firmware to a stock apple firmware in itunes it will always go back to a "locked" state. There is a thread on this site called "2.1 firmwares" and select and download the one that says "non at&t" and follow the instructions on that thread. you need itunes 8 for this
    waiting on my iPhone 6+
    2008-09-18 02:47 PM
    whenever you restore from a custom firmware to a stock apple firmware in itunes it will always go back to a "locked" state. There is a thread on this site called "2.1 firmwares" and select and download the one that says "non at&t" and follow the instructions on that thread. you need itunes 8 for this
    Quick followup question:

I used a custom non AT&T firmware on my 1st Gen iphon. I continue to have an issue with slide to unlock screen freezing up on me (I just need to turn screen off and try it again and it usually works), so it was recommended to me that I do a clean restore to factory settings then, shift/restore add the custom non At/T FW. Will this process keep my phone unlocked? I used quickpwn to get up to 2.0.2, if that means anything. Thanks.
    2008-09-18 02:58 PM
    Quick followup question:

I used a custom non AT&T firmware on my 1st Gen iphon. I continue to have an issue with slide to unlock screen freezing up on me (I just need to turn screen off and try it again and it usually works), so it was recommended to me that I do a clean restore to factory settings then, shift/restore add the custom non At/T FW. Will this process keep my phone unlocked? I used quickpwn to get up to 2.0.2, if that means anything. Thanks.
    yes, as long as you are restoring to a custom fw from a stock fw it will unlock your phone as long as its built correctly. Obviously, you will have to re-download all of your non-appstore apps from cydia and installer
    waiting on my iPhone 6+
    2008-09-18 03:29 PM
    Awesome, thanks!
    2008-09-18 03:35 PM
    Go here this guy David created all the CFW for us window users I have a first gen phone and used his CFW and it works flawlessly.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...e-2-1-faq.html
    2008-09-18 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD