Hello everyone,

I successfully upgraded my 2g iphone to 2.1 using pwnage and all went smoothly with all apps working. I have one weird problem with my edge connection.

I have mail set to fetch every 15 minutes but for some reason it is not working. My edge connection works fast and great when i go into safari or maps. Weirder that that, when i go into safari or maps or any other internet app then the mail will fetch right after.

I really need it to get back to 15 min intervals due to work commitments.

What could be causing this? Please help....

Thanks
    Last edited by markoperkovic; 2008-09-20 at 11:01 AM.
    2008-09-18 07:20 PM
    please can someone help me solve this problem with mail app, i have searched the forums and cannot find help.
    2008-09-20 04:12 PM
    what do you have for the address in the settings section for EDGE?

Does the appstore work on your 2.1 with TMobile?
    2008-09-22 12:05 AM
    Thanks! Hi! I had the edge fix from bigboss and wap.voicestream.com

This is what worked on the 1.1.x versions and 2.0 version. When I upgraded to 2.1 this no longer fetched my mail properly. Edge is working but fetch mail function is not.

Next I read about the new tmobile apn: epc.tmobile.com
    I put this in and the internet was much faster speed wise but still encountering the same problem with edge. I tried to repwn and am experiencing the same problem.

Any thoughts? I thought it might be due to the new apn because oftentimes there can be bugs with these apn's but that does not answer my problem from before.
    2008-09-22 12:52 PM
    2008-09-22 06:28 PM
    zolter! great find! This is a huge problem for many!
    2008-09-22 07:40 PM
    Sounds like you already have Jailbroken your phone, therefore, install Insomnia an application in Cydia. I will solve the problem until Apple does. I did it earlier today and it solved the problem.
    Infuso
    2008-09-23 01:46 AM
    won't insomnia drain the battery faster by keeping the phone 'awake' full-time
    2008-09-23 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD