Anyone notice a significant decrease in battery life with a jailbroken 2.1 phone? (I haven't compared to 2.1 standard). How do I track this down? I don't have ssh running, not sure of any other apps that may run in the background (ssh really shouldn't either as its inetd right?)

Zaius55
    2008-09-19 07:46 PM
    hmm... if anything the bat life seems BETTER to me so far.
    2008-09-19 08:09 PM
    10 x BETTER here. Sorry to rub it in
    2008-09-19 08:49 PM
    Mine is significantly worse. Viewing my usage stats, they almost always show usage and standby stats are identical, or, at least, usage is much much higher than it should be. With insomnia/ssh/top I've found that it's the mediaserverd process that is constantly running when it shouldn't be, using around 3% cpu time. I have no clue why this is. I've been trying to track it down, but I can't. It doesn't seem to be related to any particular app or anything. I also haven't found a reliable way to avoid it. I'm still investigating, but I'm thinking, unfortunately, that I might need to try a restore.
    2008-09-22 03:18 AM
    Mine is significantly worse. Viewing my usage stats, they almost always show usage and standby stats are identical, or, at least, usage is much much higher than it should be. With insomnia/ssh/top I've found that it's the mediaserverd process that is constantly running when it shouldn't be, using around 3% cpu time. I have no clue why this is. I've been trying to track it down, but I can't. It doesn't seem to be related to any particular app or anything. I also haven't found a reliable way to avoid it. I'm still investigating, but I'm thinking, unfortunately, that I might need to try a restore.

I'm on a JB 8GB 2G iphone, and I think I figured out the issue.

There is a new feature called location services. I don't quite know what it does, and bearing in mind that I don't have GPS on my first gen, I don't use it. My standby and usage stats were identical. I turned location services off in settings, and voila! As of right now I show 1 hour 49 minutes of usage, and 9 hours 36 minutes of standby.

Hope this helps!
    2008-10-13 11:47 PM
    Interesting. I have location services on and my standby and usage times are different.
    2008-10-14 02:47 AM
    so how can this be fixed? i charged my iphone and my standby and usage was 0/0. and when i woke up this morning my standby was 6 hours and usage was 5 hours? any ideas?
    2008-10-21 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD