I am confused on a couple things before I take the plunge to jailbreak

1. If im a att customer do I just jailbreak the phone and it will still work under att if the phone is already activated?

2. will visual voicemail still work?

3. is it really worth jailbreaking? I cant tell what apps you get with the installer and is it that meaningful to do?

4. risk involved using the new instant jailbreak program?

5. last one... I have 1.1.2 otb and upgraded to 1.1.3.. can I still use the zi program to unlock or do I have to downgrade first?

Thanks all for the help!
    2008-02-27 06:08 AM
    I am confused on a couple things before I take the plunge to jailbreak

1. If im a att customer do I just jailbreak the phone and it will still work under att if the phone is already activated?

2. will visual voicemail still work?

3. is it really worth jailbreaking? I cant tell what apps you get with the installer and is it that meaningful to do?

4. risk involved using the new instant jailbreak program?

5. last one... I have 1.1.2 otb and upgraded to 1.1.3.. can I still use the zi program to unlock or do I have to downgrade first?

Thanks all for the help!
    1. Yes, if you'll ATT you just jailbreak and your good to go.

2. Visual voicemail, and everthing else, will still work fine.

3. Jailbreaking allows read/write access to the phone, you can change and install anything. So....if you want more programs, or want to change the way your phone looks (themes) and sounds, its VERY useful.

4. Follow the directions for Ziphone (very easy) and you really cant f$&% up. If you make a little goof, you can restore back to normal.

5. I started with 1.1.2 on my current Iphone (exchanged my original fried, hardware defect) and upgraded to 1.1.3, then used Ziphone, WORKS GREAT.

Only thing Ziphone does is mess up "YouTube", HOWEVER, there is a patch on installer that will fix it right back!
    2008-02-27 06:35 AM
    ok thank u for the fast response. Is there anyway I can break my phone by using ziphone? I heard people getting stuck on the apple logo

Also are there really good apps to use with installer? Like is there a better gps available with it than the google maps? Stuff like that

[[email protected];205401]ok thank u for the fast response. Is there anyway I can break my phone by using ziphone? I heard people getting stuck on the apple logo

Anyone?
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2008-02-27 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-02-27 07:28 PM
    As with any messing around, when your hacking software on something that was built not to be messed with, you have a "chance" of screwing up. However, as long as you follow the guidelines, I wouldnt worry...I have done several, upgrading - downgrading - jailbreaking my own and NEVER had a problem.

And no, there is no better software out than Google Maps for that, the Iphone is NOT GPS capable, so thats as close as your gonna get right now. Just take a look around the sight, the apps you install depends on what you want, theres a good bit...games, productivity and just plain dumb stuff. And the good stuff like Summerboard for changing the whole appearance of the phone.
    2008-02-28 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD