Alright, I bought a 1st Gen iPhone last February, March sometime and unlocked/jailbroke/activated via ZiPhone using I beleive 1.1.3. Everything has been working fine, no problems, whatsoever, to a while for T-mobile Edge to activate, but other than that, no problems.

NOW, I want this app that is only available in the AppStore. I want to upgrade to 2.1 or whatever the newest firmware is on this 1st Gen.

Here is my understanding of what to do...

1. Restore using iTunes 8.0
    2. Then upgrade using iTunes 8.0
    3. Then re-jailbreak/unlock/activate

Correct?

I have been searching the web for a while and I dont know who to trust to do step 3 for the firmware 2.1.

Anyone know of one that is non technical user friendly? I completely dont understand all the iPhone jargon. What you have seen in this thread as far as iPhone jargon, is what I know, beyond that, no clue. I would prefer to do basically a 1 click and your done thing like ZiPhone for step 3, and am willing to pay, I dont care. But I dont think ZiPhone can do that for me, I dont know...?

Help?
    2008-09-20 08:21 PM
    You got it. The ONLY method out right now is Quickpwn for WinPC. There's a huge thread about it on the Home page here. Read up.
    2008-09-20 08:35 PM
    awesome, thanks man

actually I read that and I dont understand any of that, someone feel like breaking it down even simpler?
    Last edited by CompoundBoost; 2008-09-20 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-09-20 11:39 PM
    Here you go.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-RMHT6a514]YouTube - [HOW TO] Jailbreak 2.1 iPhone / iPod Touch with QuickPwn *Released Today[/ame]
    2008-09-20 11:57 PM
    How do I get the 2.1 firmware on the phone like it says in the beginning? He said to make sure 2.1 is on the phone then open pwned
    2008-09-21 12:06 AM
    Can you download apps from the apps store even though you are on tmobile? How does this work?
    2008-09-21 02:44 AM
    How do I get the 2.1 firmware on the phone like it says in the beginning? He said to make sure 2.1 is on the phone then open pwned
    Update or shift click restore in itunes.
    2008-09-21 02:51 AM
    Can you download apps from the apps store even though you are on tmobile? How does this work?
    good question, the appstore is the only reason I want 2.1, if I am using Tmobile, will the appstore still work? And with all these cfws running around, do they have the appstore?

I finally got 2.1 working, only took about 30 minutes from downloading the phantom cfw to shift+restore in iTunes to uploading the bootlader and baseband, all was well.

As far as the appstore, it works just fine with Tmobile, it still goes through your iTunes account for purchases, not ATT
    Last edited by CompoundBoost; 2008-09-22 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-09-22 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD