im on 1.1.4 and now getting ready to go on to 2.1..
    this seems like the best way to do it.
    i just have 1 question about it...
    i want all my sms and contacts to be there when im done..
    how can i do that?
    please explain this to me..
    thank you very much!
    2008-10-11 12:01 PM
    Just wanted to add my thanks to you all.

I am a complete novice when it comes to this stuff and i followed your guide and i am now very happy on 2.1 (previously on 1.1.3 unlocked)

This was so much eirier than unlocking with pwnage or Ziphone.

Is this where you will post CFW for 2.2 when it comes out ?
    2008-10-11 04:00 PM
    im on 1.1.4 and now getting ready to go on to 2.1..
    this seems like the best way to do it.
    i just have 1 question about it...
    i want all my sms and contacts to be there when im done..
    how can i do that?
    please explain this to me..
    thank you very much!
    just search how to backup file in the previous firmware using winscp or any SSH...same procedure. put the file in ur PC then after restoring ur iphone return to the same directory
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!
    2008-10-11 06:49 PM
    thank you theone77, i backed up the phone in itunes and also copied the sms.db as well as made a separate file in outlook for my contacts, just to be safe...did not require them coz the itunes restore from back up worked just fine!

i must say that this method of jailbreaking and unlocking is AWESUM!!it is so simple!!! really nothin to do.really wanna thank you for sharing this over here and also being around for all the support and also want to thank Aws3ya for the CFW! u guys made this so simple! Thank you very much guys!!

just one issue, before the upgraded (i was on 1.1.4), i had 7+gb of free space and now i have lesser than 6.5...dont remember the exact sizes, but i have an 8gb iphone. any idea what is taking that extra gb or so?
    thanks once again!

p.s. this thread should be made sticky.
    2008-10-12 09:22 AM
    thank you theone77, i backed up the phone in itunes and also copied the sms.db as well as made a separate file in outlook for my contacts, just to be safe...did not require them coz the itunes restore from back up worked just fine!

i must say that this method of jailbreaking and unlocking is AWESUM!!it is so simple!!! really nothin to do.really wanna thank you for sharing this over here and also being around for all the support and also want to thank Aws3ya for the CFW! u guys made this so simple! Thank you very much guys!!

just one issue, before the upgraded (i was on 1.1.4), i had 7+gb of free space and now i have lesser than 6.5...dont remember the exact sizes, but i have an 8gb iphone. any idea what is taking that extra gb or so?
    thanks once again!

p.s. this thread should be made sticky.
    Bro,

Glad to know that this works for you and you like my cfw, to answer your question why you have only 6.5 Gb left after using the cfw 2.1 it is because i custom made the cfw with 1Gb(1000MB) partition for installing OS and apps.
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful
    2008-10-12 10:11 AM
    sorry, but what's shift and restore? is it on the keyboard? I know shift is, but where's restore? sorry, but I'm not very good at computer
    2008-10-12 10:31 AM
    sorry, but what's shift and restore? is it on the keyboard? I know shift is, but where's restore? sorry, but I'm not very good at computer
    I am sorry but do you really want to mess with you iphone if you dont know what shift and restore are ?????
    2008-10-12 01:21 PM
    ok Shift+Restore:

to be able for iTunes to look for and locate a CFW(Custom Firmware) that you want to use or any Firmware that you have downloaded for that matter we usually execute this simple steps, let's say for windows users we usually hold Shift (keyboard) and click on the Restore button on iTunes a small window will pop up asking you(not literally) to point iTunes where is that particular Firmware once you found it just click yes or open and let iTunes do its thing for you, i hope this is clear enough for you.
    Btw, if you are using a mac it will be Option+restore.
    HTH
    2008-10-12 05:22 PM
    I did everything as instructed on the first post, but my iphone gets stuck at the bootneuter v2.1 "determining current setting" screen. Does any one know why this happens?
    Last edited by ibeteck; 2008-10-14 at 04:48 PM.
    2008-10-14 04:04 PM
    I did everything as instructed on the first post, but my iphone gets stuck at the bootneuter v2.1 "determining current setting" screen. Does any one know why this happens?
    did u touch ur iphone while bootneuter is doing something?

you should not touch anything while bootneuter is doing something , wait and have patience, sometimes its quite longer but for sure it is not more than 5 minutes. Maybe u thought its stucks then u do something to ur iphone. Only You reported to me this scenario. Im also upgraded my friends iphone but this case NEVER happened to me. around 15 iphones i already upgraded and everything is fine.

any way go back to 1st process...itunes shift restore
    ...then just have patience wait until you see the "edit home screen" status

2008-10-14 09:59 PM
    No I didn't touch it at all I left it running for over 10 minutes and it looked stuck and never went forward with the process. ANother thing do I need to hav e the sim card installed. I'am doing this for my freind and he has the sim card since he needs his phone.
    2008-10-14 10:38 PM
    Bro,

Glad to know that this works for you and you like my cfw, to answer your question why you have only 6.5 Gb left after using the cfw 2.1 it is because i custom made the cfw with 1Gb(1000MB) partition for installing OS and apps.
    WoW!
    thanks a lot Aws3ya! could not have asked for anything more!! i had major space issues earlier coz i had like 400mb or so for my apps...and im so glad that now i so much more! can install a lot!
    thank you very much!!
    2008-10-15 12:33 AM
    No I didn't touch it at all I left it running for over 10 minutes and it looked stuck and never went forward with the process. ANother thing do I need to hav e the sim card installed. I'am doing this for my freind and he has the sim card since he needs his phone.
    Yes it will help to have a sim card installed especially when doing the upgrade. Just try again and the whole process.
    2008-10-15 03:43 AM
    ROFL.... check for the restore button on the back of ur phone. Just hold it + the shift on the keyboard(when phone not connected) for 15 secs and u should be on ur way to firmware 2.1

Anyways...regd my previous post.... managed to get the ringtones done thru PC suite 2.1..everything workin flawlessly expect for monkeyball/ kroll n snapture... ive tried everything possible but these 3 apps just crash back to the springboard...any suggestions??

PS: ive got other cracked apps/games running smoothly so i dont think this could be a problem with the mobileInstallation
    2008-10-15 12:44 PM
    ROFL.... check for the restore button on the back of ur phone. Just hold it + the shift on the keyboard(when phone not connected) for 15 secs and u should be on ur way to firmware 2.1

Anyways...regd my previous post.... managed to get the ringtones done thru PC suite 2.1..everything workin flawlessly expect for monkeyball/ kroll n snapture... ive tried everything possible but these 3 apps just crash back to the springboard...any suggestions??

PS: ive got other cracked apps/games running smoothly so i dont think this could be a problem with the mobileInstallation
    sorry its not allowed to discuss warez/cracked apps here.... for sure you have a corrupted application in ur itunes. it happened to me many times... need to remove it , re download and reinstall that hanging application.

2008-10-15 09:42 PM
    I assume this method won't work if your iPhone 3G is v2.1 ?

Cause I just tried it and I saw the CMD pops up, hasing the file from you, then CMD just close.
    2008-10-15 09:58 PM
    can you still use the appstore for free games after it's jailbroken
    2008-10-16 01:48 AM
    can you still use the appstore for free games after it's jailbroken
    of course you can

I assume this method won't work if your iPhone 3G is v2.1 ?

Cause I just tried it and I saw the CMD pops up, hasing the file from you, then CMD just close.
    It will work for 3G. Download the CFW 2.1 for 3G and restore with that after the reboot you will have a Jailbroken 3G.

or try any of the mentioned method in the 1st page:

1. Run quickpwn and jailbreak your official 2.1 fw
    2. Run pwnage and create you own cfw 2.1 for 3G minus the activation.
    3. Download the cfw for 3G and restore with that

Anything is possible
    Last edited by Aws3ya; 2008-10-16 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-10-16 03:05 AM
    I'm on 1.1.4 jailbroken only w/ ziphone on at&t.

Since this cfw will unlock my phone, will visual voicemail still work?

I'm hoping all previous features will work, except now with the ability to switch to a different sim if I need to.

Btw, could someone kindly link me to some info on how to install the "mobileinstallation patch"
    2008-10-16 03:21 AM
    I am on a mac and am getting a bit confused here. Can I up date to 2.1 using 0SX and I tunes 8.0.1?

Since I up-dated to 2.0.2 the 4,5,6 numbers on the phone keypad no longer work. If anyone else has had this problem please let me know if there is a fix.
    2008-10-16 04:58 AM
400 ... 2345614 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD