do i have to have my iphone on 2.1 first?
    2008-10-22 08:34 PM
    do i have to have my iphone on 2.1 first?
    Nope.
    2008-10-22 08:38 PM
    Ok,

I am officially confused.

I have read and read and, after my eyes uncrossed and my gray matter stopped oozing out of ears and nose, I read some more. Seems there are many post and threads about updating to the latest and greatest FW from Apple and advancing to a a Jailbroken status.

What I am not sure of yet is if there is a way to use a non-mac system to upgrade to the 2.1 Jailbroken FW without loosing all my contacts, photos, settings, etc (both stock iPhone AND Cyndia).

I know I found a thread to do it on the Mac, but not a single thread for non Mac is clear on this issue.

When I went from my original, stock FW and did my first Jailbreak, I lost ALL of my photos and I do NOT want to go through this again if I can help it.

If I have simply missed a thread or misunderstood something I have read, I can live with that. Just please point me toward the info I should have understood already and I will be a good little boy and go back to reading again...
    this question already answered by AWS3YA, please read all the post on this thread. Thanks!

I'm here again!

Had everyone JB-ed an iPhone 3G 16GB v2.1?
    I tried all my JB methods from my two 3G 8GB on this new 16GB and everything failed.
    nothing change after I used QuickPwn_RC3, no Cydia and Installer. the booting screen and Restore mode of QuickPwn logos did change though.
    iTunes Restore using CFW 2.1 from theone77 works, but it's very buggy, I'm not able to install games with AppShare and **********.
    the games are in ********** and I installed all of them, but nothing appear on my iPhone.

Any helps would be very appreciate, Thank you.

the CFW is not buggy my dear friend. i dunno what happened to your installation. appstore is working fine and installer to all iphone i upgraded with this method, to take note of it its already 20+ iphones i upgraded, no problem for me. for you to see the apps that you installed , you should restart your iphone. For installer , you should have a good and fast internet access. If your installing a cracked/warez applications, sorry its not allowed to discuss here.
    Last edited by theone77; 2008-10-22 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!
    2008-10-22 09:15 PM
    the CFW is not buggy my dear friend. i dunno what happened to your installation. appstore is working fine and installer to all iphone i upgraded with this method, to take note of it its already 20+ iphones i upgraded, no problem for me. for you to see the apps that you installed , you should restart your iphone. For installer , you should have a good and fast internet access. If your installing a cracked/warez applications, sorry its not allowed to discuss here.
    Yes I know your CFW works very well, theone77, and Thanx alot for making it!
    I tried it on my other two iPhone 3G 8GBs and no problem at all as your 20+ iPhones, Cydia, AppSahre, **********, everything!
    But I don't know if it's because it's a 16GB or what, this CFW just doesn't work on this version.
    I can install AppShare and **********, but not games from it, even after many restarts...

@_@
    Last edited by NiGHTsC; 2008-10-22 at 10:20 PM.
    2008-10-22 10:17 PM
    can you paste the link for the custom firmware

anybody try this method yet? i am about to do this right now..but scared my iphone going to lock on me....
    Last edited by Cheekz44; 2008-10-23 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-10-23 12:35 AM
    hey guys i have a first gen iphone running 1.1.4, jailbroken with ziphone never been pwn b4 and i was wondering would this work?
    2008-10-23 02:43 AM
    sirluis94, yes it will work, I had a 1.1.4 jailbroken ziphone as well before this custom firmware.
    2008-10-23 09:41 AM
    can you paste the link for the custom firmware

anybody try this method yet? i am about to do this right now..but scared my iphone going to lock on me....
    Read back from the start of this thread the links are there, and the testimonials of people who used this cfw and happy with it
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful
    2008-10-23 04:27 PM
    how will it work if you didnt pwn your iphone?
    2008-10-23 05:17 PM
    yea as cheekz44 said my iphone has never been pwn b4. so are you positive it's going to work?

sirluis94, yes it will work, I had a 1.1.4 jailbroken ziphone as well before this custom firmware.
    has ur phone been pwn b4?
    Last edited by sirluis94; 2008-10-23 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-10-23 09:36 PM
    No, I never pwn'd my phone only jailbroke with ziphone on 1.1.4.

This cfw will basically work for any firmware and whether or not it was "pwnd" "jailbroken" "stock"..

Because this is through "Restore" it will erase everything previous and install a fresh new Firmware, so no need to worry on what you have on your phone now including 3rd party apps and all.

Just make sure you follow the simple instructions and afterwards when iTunes is finished with restoring make sure you "set up as new phone" to avoid any conflicts with previous firmware.
    2008-10-23 10:13 PM
    alright dude i'll try it.. if i doesnt work i guess i'll be force to use quickpwn.
    2008-10-23 11:22 PM
    hey bro let me know if it works for u so i can do it also
    2008-10-24 01:10 AM
    hey bro let me know if it works for u so i can do it also
    DUde this **** works! idk how but it just does.. all you do is upgrade ur itunes to 8.1 or whatever. connect ur iphone do a shift restore, click on the cfw and thta's it just wait and in like 5 minutes u will have a 2.1 jailbroken/unlock iphone! whoever made this cfw is a genius!
    2008-10-24 03:53 PM
    you serious???????????????? but how the heck would it work lol

what itunes do you need
    Last edited by Cheekz44; 2008-10-24 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-10-24 03:57 PM
    TO ALL, PLEASE READ ALL POST IN THE THREAD before asking question, i will not anymore answer repeated question, lets save time and energy for other issues and making our iphone great!!! be responsible enough and professional ;-)

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!
    2008-10-24 04:23 PM
    one more question bro....what itune version do you use? 8.0?
    2008-10-24 05:16 PM
    it should work for u!

one more question bro....what itune version do you use? 8.0?
    i used the newest version.. i just went on itunes press the check for updates and installed itunes 8.1 i think... just do it. it will work!
    Last edited by sirluis94; 2008-10-24 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-10-24 07:19 PM
    I read this whole thread last night.

Looked simple enough for me to try.

I downloaded the CFW, upgraded to Itunes 8.0.1
    Im using 1st gen iphone 1.1.4 jailbroken with ziphone.

I connected phone, ran Itunes, pressed shift-restore, selected CFW (the phantom one),
    Itunes says extracting software and about 2 seconds later I get (an unknown error 1403).

Anyone know how to get around this?
    2008-10-25 02:06 AM
    I read this whole thread last night.

Looked simple enough for me to try.

I downloaded the CFW, upgraded to Itunes 8.0.1
    Im using 1st gen iphone 1.1.4 jailbroken with ziphone.

I connected phone, ran Itunes, pressed shift-restore, selected CFW (the phantom one),
    Itunes says extracting software and about 2 seconds later I get (an unknown error 1403).

Anyone know how to get around this?

try to use a different USB port or reboot you pc especially after the iTunes update.

DUde this **** works! idk how but it just does.. all you do is upgrade ur itunes to 8.1 or whatever. connect ur iphone do a shift restore, click on the cfw and thta's it just wait and in like 5 minutes u will have a 2.1 jailbroken/unlock iphone! whoever made this cfw is a genius!
    A simple Thank You is good enough for me bro
    Last edited by Aws3ya; 2008-10-25 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-10-25 03:44 AM
400 ... 4567816 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD