I have 1.1.4 with T-Mobile and it's a first gen iPhone.

I just got the internet package to my account. When I open safari and try to go to a website, it says "Could not activate EDGE: You are not subscribed to EDGE".

It hasn't been 24 hours yet but why would I get that message?
    2008-09-23 06:09 AM
    You have to go in and manually edit your network settings on the iphone to work on Tmo's data network, even if your already activated, etc.

Check the Tmo forum to find the settings. (Im AT&T, dont know um off the bat)
    2008-09-23 06:12 AM
    I am checking that as I type this.

I put under APN: internet2.voicestream.com and it seems to be working.

I just got the T-Mobile internet package $20 but do I have to use APN? I looked at the Tmob forum but most of these people are either using APN or the $4.99 hack.

Since I got the plan for internet package.. I just want to use it with Edge. Is it faster with internet2.voicestream.com than Edge?

bump?
    Last edited by astoriakidd; 2008-09-23 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-09-23 01:22 PM
    I have first generation iPhone and i just put 2.1 into it and jailbroke it, now on the top left corner it shows an E what is the E? and if its Edge am i paying for it?
    2008-09-23 10:32 PM
    I have first generation iPhone and i just put 2.1 into it and jailbroke it, now on the top left corner it shows an E what is the E? and if its Edge am i paying for it?
    the E is edge and if you didnt turn it on internet through t-mo u wont be paying for it

I am checking that as I type this.

I put under APN: internet2.voicestream.com and it seems to be working.

I just got the T-Mobile internet package $20 but do I have to use APN? I looked at the Tmob forum but most of these people are either using APN or the $4.99 hack.

Since I got the plan for internet package.. I just want to use it with Edge. Is it faster with internet2.voicestream.com than Edge?

bump?
    if you have total internet you have to type internet2.voicestream.com
    if you have tzones(4.99) you have to use wap.voicestream or epc.tmobile.com

both of them are using edge .. its just total internet is supposedly a lil faster

the reason we have to enter apn's manually is because were not suppose to be using the iphone
    Last edited by timmyinpajamas; 2008-09-24 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-09-24 08:29 PM
    the E is edge and if you didnt turn it on internet through t-mo u wont be paying for it

if you have total internet you have to type internet2.voicestream.com
    if you have tzones(4.99) you have to use wap.voicestream or epc.tmobile.com

both of them are using edge .. its just total internet is supposedly a lil faster

the reason we have to enter apn's manually is because were not suppose to be using the iphone
    I been using internet2.voicestream.com for a while but it's so slow today. Do I need to SSH and edit some proxy.apc file for it to work properly?
    2008-09-29 12:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD