so after much researching and not finding anything i went ahead and tried it myself .. i had a 2.0.2 winpwn 1st gen iphone unlocked activated and jailbroken and i upgraded to 2.1 with grips custom firmware he posted up .. my phone was constantly freezing and apps were crashing so i wanted to downgrade back to 2.0.2 because i never had problems with it .. simple enough i just plugged in my phone shift restore my winpwn 2.0.2 firmware and it worked just like that i set up as a new phone and everything works great .. i didnt dfu or anything .. i didnt think it would work .. baseband is the same on 1stgen for all the 2.x firmwares .. only the 3g got a baseband upgrade .. so no worries about that .. if anyone is in the same situation as me feel free to email me if you have any questions or pm me
    2008-09-23 09:13 PM
    Thats odd you had so many problems with 2.1, things have been much better for me since I upgraded. Im loving the MUCH faster sync times.

Glad to hear that the downgrade works in case I start having problems.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish
    2008-09-23 09:18 PM
    i know everyone is loving 2.1 but for some reason alot of things were crashing and freezing on me for some reason ... i used a custom firmware 2.1 that someone posted up .. i wonder if that had something to do with it .. but ill just wait till winpwn comes out and try again .. i miss the fast syncing times =(
    2008-09-24 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD