Hey.

It looks like my turbo sim is not working well with the 2.1 baseband.
    Any call gets disconnected after 20-30 seconds.

I've searched all over the world and couldn't find anything.
    Is there any chance to downgrade the baseband back to 2.0.2 ?
    I'm using a 3G with a turbo sim.
    2008-09-24 01:26 PM
    It looks like my turbo sim is not working well with the 2.1 baseband.
    Any call gets disconnected after 20-30 seconds.

Is there any chance to downgrade the baseband back to 2.0.2 ?
    I'm using a 3G with a turbo sim.
    To my knowledge the dev team has changed the baseband firmware, however that is not a part of any tool they have released - at least not returning to earlier versions of the baseband.

How did you upgrade your firmware? Is it Jailbreaked? What baseband are you using (Settings > General > About > Modem Firmware

If you created a custom firmware with one of the pwnage softwares, the baseband shouldn't have been upgraded and therefore you should be able to reflash back to 2.0.2 without issue.
    2008-09-26 12:01 AM
    At this time it is not possible to downgrade your baseband so you're stuck using 2.1.
    2008-09-26 12:29 AM
    At this time it is not possible to downgrade your baseband so you're stuck using 2.1.
    Is there any news about that yet?

Something is wrong with my iphone 2g (fw 2.1), it crashes all the time with any app... I think that downgrading my baseband and upgrading later could restore the problem, am I right?

thx
    2008-10-09 05:20 PM
    I don't think the problem is your baseband. The baseband is the modem firmware and would cause difficulty making/receiving calls and data and has little to do with the stability of the OS.

It sounds like you are using the original iPhone, is it jailbreaked? If so it's likely that you have too many apps or that you have installed something that is causing conflicts. I had a similar problem (though not quite as bad as what you're describing) I uninstalled all the App Store and Cydia programs that I didn't deem absolutely necessary. This included going to Cydia > Manage > Packages and clicking on all the packages I thought might not be necessary and if I wasn't sure I would click on the and click Modify > Remove and look at the "Modifications" section and see if that contained any programs I wanted to keep working. If not it got removed. That solved a lot of my problems. Hope it helps. Cheers.

Feel free to thank me in the bottom right if this answer helped.
    2008-10-13 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD