User Tag List

Hey all i have the original iphone 8gb which was jailbroken on 1.14 when i got it. I wante some advice whether it is worth upgrading the iphone to a newer firmware etc and if so what would i gain from this i am a complete noob so dont know much really.

If i do upgrade them will i loose my numbers and also my apps as well as stuff like my videos i mx tube my fav app

would really appreciate some info on what i could gain or if there is no point in upgrading. The one reason i did want to upgrade was to use facebook chat in safari lol.

Also i am on the network orange and use PC's not MAC's donno if this makes a difference for jailbreaking.

cheers
    2008-09-24 07:18 PM
    No more apps are being developed for 1.1.4 so you're stuck with what you have if you stay. As far as I can tell 90% of all the apps worth using are now on 2.0+. You will not lose your #'s if you sync them back to iTunes first. 2.0+ gives you access to the 2000+ programs on the app store also.
    2008-09-24 07:22 PM
    could someone please recommend or even make me a step guide to jailbreak it to the better firmware then as i would like the new apps etc if this would be possible.

is it tricky to do as i am not use to playing around with the iphone
    2008-09-24 07:26 PM
    Go to the Jailbreak section of the forum and look under the Pwnage category.
    2008-09-24 07:28 PM
    what firmware do i want to upgrade to and could you recommend a thread for me to use it possible would be appreciated

thank you
    2008-09-24 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD