I just upgraded from 1.1.4 to 2.0.1 and everything went fine.

When I open Safari, it says ""Safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the Internet."

Even though I have the total internet package enabled. What is this?
    2008-10-05 05:12 AM
    Is edge working? Do you have wifi?
    2008-10-05 05:20 AM
    Is edge working? Do you have wifi?
    I successfully joined my wifi network but I am getting the same message. I turned off wifi and tried with Edge but I am getting the same message.

I been using internet2.voicestream.com for my Edge settings since I have the $19.99 internet package.
    2008-10-05 05:27 AM
    Take a look here M8......http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...00-workin.html
    2008-10-05 05:35 AM
    Isn't that for the $4.99 plan? and I have the $19.99 plan?
    2008-10-05 05:39 AM
    Try wap.voicestream.com? It might wiork.
    2008-10-05 05:54 AM
    Try wap.voicestream.com? It might wiork.
    I just tried it. It doesn't work.

I am tempted to go back to 1.1.4 because it's just more stable.

How do I downgrade to it?
    2008-10-05 06:07 AM
    search on downgrading to 1.1.4 but you might want to consider upgrading to 2.1.

Does the Astoria in your screen name have anything to do with Astoria, Queens? If so I want to share my personal iPhone experience.
    A few weeks ago I went to visit my mother who happens to live in Astoria, Ny. My iPhone running 2.0.2 at the time and unlike yours it is a 3g but it refused to work correctly from the minute I got out of the car. I had trouble with both 3g and edge and literally had no phone signal. I had no wifi where I should have. I eventually got a repair needed message. Funny thing was that the knute I was on the Triboro Bridge heading home my iPhone went to 5 bars of signal. It was almost as if there was some weird interference in the neighborhood.
    2008-10-05 06:19 AM
    search on downgrading to 1.1.4 but you might want to consider upgrading to 2.1.

Does the Astoria in your screen name have anything to do with Astoria, Queens? If so I want to share my personal iPhone experience.
    A few weeks ago I went to visit my mother who happens to live in Astoria, Ny. My iPhone running 2.0.2 at the time and unlike yours it is a 3g but it refused to work correctly from the minute I got out of the car. I had trouble with both 3g and edge and literally had no phone signal. I had no wifi where I should have. I eventually got a repair needed message. Funny thing was that the knute I was on the Triboro Bridge heading home my iPhone went to 5 bars of signal. It was almost as if there was some weird interference in the neighborhood.
    Yes, I live in Astoria, Queens. I have 5 bars though

I don't know if it's 2.0.1 or 2.1? I followed this guide: iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.x.x 2G iPhone (Mac) [Updated]

and when I go to Settings > General > About, it says Version: 2.1 (5F136)
    2008-10-05 06:21 AM
    Do you have BossPrefs installed or can you get on Cydia?
    2008-10-05 06:41 AM
    Do you have BossPrefs installed or can you get on Cydia?
    No. And I can't get on Cydia because I can't update it, no network connection.

Can I just reupgrade it again following a different tutorial? Will that brick my iPhone?

bump to my last question?
    Last edited by astoriakidd; 2008-10-05 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-10-05 07:23 AM
    Update with itunes to stock f/w and start over by setting the phone up as a new, and not from a backup. And then jailbreak & unlock again.
    2008-10-05 08:18 AM
    I got the phone to DFU mode again and I couldn't find a way to get it back to normal. I was freaking out, lol. I dunno what the hell I did but I managed to pwn it again over 2.1 with 2.1 and it's working perfectly fine now.

2008-10-06 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.