User Tag List

I just got another iTouch after my last one got stoled, my last one was 1.1.4 ziphoned' with installer and had TONS of awesome games/themes/ect.

but not my new ipod has 1.1.5 (with upgrade) and i tried ziphone again, and it worked but installer will freeze like every time. so i restored and now bought the 2.2 through itunes and it wont download, i called and they said it was a known issue and to try back in a few days,

once i get the 2.2 could i use quickpwn and use cydia? after i have 2.2 and could make it a custom 2.2?

or what would be the best route for getting 2.2 and pwn or jailbreaking it?

and also about apple's problem with the upgrade, will the jailbreak i attemped matter if i restored?
    2008-12-26 06:59 PM
    Yup just quickpwn or use Pwnage. Which will also install Cydia.
    2008-12-26 07:09 PM
    or should i just use the old quickpwn?

or how useful is the apple app store?

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/ipod-to...firmwares.html or does that not work for 1.1.5?
    2008-12-26 07:11 PM
    AppStore has a few thousand apps in it....your sure to find some stuff you like.

And for 2.2 you will need the NEWEST version of quickpwn.
    2008-12-26 07:12 PM
    Okay, and will the failed attempt of ziphoning effect the 2.2 upgrade if i retored?

i just did the "restore" not the shift+click restore.

also installer freezed a lot, which i think it was because that was the first thing i entered

MPORTANT!!! Before you open installer or Cydia, open contacts, type some random contacts and numbers, open notes, type random stuff, and open safari. Then your iPod is good to go. You freeze your iPod if you open Installer first.
    so do you think that was the cause of the freezeing installer like every time?

EDIT: i am downloading the 1.1.5 firmware from http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ and will try to shift+click restore it. is that what i was supposed to do all along?
    Last edited by Franklin!; 2008-12-26 at 07:31 PM.
    2008-12-26 07:16 PM
    Don't use Ziphone to jailbreak your Itouch.

Use QuickPwn 2.2

Go ahead and use: iPod and iPhone Firmware Download

Go under: iPhone / iPod touch

Select: iPod Touch 1G (2.2/5G77)

Download it.

Then go into Itunes and when you going to do update thats when you press shift while selecting update.

that should work in getting updated. then go into quickpwn and jailbreak it
    2008-12-26 07:44 PM
    do i need to be in DFU mode? and i already paid for the update with itunes but it wont download

so should i restore to 1.1.5 then get the update from itunes then use the newst quickpwn from there?

well im off for now. thanks for all the help so far and help to come
    2008-12-26 07:54 PM
    Itunes will put the Ipod into DFU mode when you do the update\restore.
    2008-12-26 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD