User Tag List

Okay, so I've got a problem that I cannot find a solution to. About three weeks ago, I was charging my iPhone "2G" overnight, took it off the charger, fine, put it in my pocket, fine, got to work took it out, not fine. When I pulled my phone out, it had a notice that the iPhone needed to be restored, please connect to iTunes. When I got home, I connected to iTunes, the phone seemed to begin the process, but returned, "The iphone could not be restored. An unexpected error occurred (23)." I have tried:

- Putting iPhone in recovery mode, with cable and iTunes symbols, without "Restore" text. Will not restore.

- Put iPhone in DFU mode, does not boot apple OS. Recognizes iPhone as "iPod", still does not restore.

- Tried jailbreak and unlock with QuickPwn, QuickPwn says phone was not in correct mode, disconnect and reattempt.

I'm really at a loss; but it gets stranger. When the phone is plugged in to the computer, displaying Restore needed, you can go to the emergency call screen, and at least to this point, with no rhyme or reason apparent, you can hold the home and power button briefly. The phone does one of about three things. The phone will at times flash a blank white screen as though it is getting ready to enter DFU, other times it will just return to lock screen saying it needs to be Restored, and the third and most frustrating result is it will actually "open" the phone. When it opens it generally will open to the app launch screen. Here's the catch, none of my home screen icons are there when this happens, iPod, weather, settings etc. but my App store apps do display on the other pages. Weirder still, if I drag one of those icons to the Home screen, you will briefly see a flash of the home screen icons before they "scatter" of the screen. Non of my docked icons are visible at any time. Oh, one last thing, even with my new sim installed, it will show searching in the signal bar carrier area. Don't know that that is significant.

I have no idea what to do, I went out and bought the 3G and I'll stick with that, but I'd like to get my 2G working as well.
    2009-01-02 12:48 AM
    Sounds like a hardware issue. Take it to Apple, if its still under warranty.
    2009-01-02 12:52 AM
    Unfortunately it is not under warranty at this point. I just can't understand why it was all of a sudden out of commission. Plus it's like "it's" still back there somewhere in the background, but just can't quite break through?
    2009-01-02 04:28 AM
    Error 23 = brick. I've seen a couple of these and NOTHING will work. The last one I had on error 23 would kick back into recovery mode every time.
    2009-01-02 05:07 AM
    Error 23 = bricked with out any hope of being revived.
    2009-01-02 06:00 AM
    sorry for your loss
    2009-01-03 03:31 AM
    yeh me to damn it stupid puddle sad sad day
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
    2010-06-14 06:25 PM
    yeh me to damn it stupid puddle sad sad day
    That is not the end of the world. You could sell this on Ebay as parts, there will be someone who will want to buy it and atleast you can make a few bucks out of it.
    2010-06-14 08:11 PM