User Tag List

I have been away from modmyi for a while now, and I recently decided i want to update my jailbroken iphone (no not 3g, the old one) 2.1 software to the new 2.2, and of course I want to jailbreak it. I have been reading so many different articles, but I cant seem to find the instructions on how to do it....I can't even remember what i used to jailbreak, but I think it was winpwn...anyway if anyone can even give me a link to the actual steps i need to take that would be great...

i think i know what i need to do, but not sure. I have downloaded quickpwn 2.2, but now what? thanks! i feel so dumb but there are so many threads and links and blog sites that are clogging up my search
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage
    2009-01-16 09:24 PM
    Just update to 2.2 with itunes and use quickpwn... DONE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2009-01-16 09:28 PM
    so it is safe to update in itunes even though I jailbroke? I can simply update in itunes then use quickpwn to rejailbeak?

sounds to easy to be true!
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage
    2009-01-16 09:41 PM
    1. Plug into iTunes&sync your contacts.
    2. Press restore to itunes.
    3. Run quickpwn.
    4. Set up the phone as new in iTunes and resync your contacts.
    2009-01-16 09:52 PM
    so it is safe to update in itunes even though I jailbroke? I can simply update in itunes then use quickpwn to rejailbeak?

sounds to easy to be true!
    Yep .... very safe
    2009-01-17 12:27 AM
    Sorry guys, just a quickie...

Quickpwn does exactly the same Jailbreaking also with Unlock? I mean, you can simply update when prompt from iTunes and then run Quickpwn for Jailbreak and Unlock? I need to know as this not for me but my girlfriend who is running MAC OS X 10.5.6, iTunes 8.0.2, iPhone classic (NOT 3G), firmware 1.1.4!

Please be advised that the tutorials you can find aren't that much easy for non-users... especially for MAC users.... and I've checked the iClarified tutorials also which are ok, but not perfect! I've translated a new PORTUGUESE Pwnage Tool for MAC guide, which I'm hapy to release! Please let me know if you wish to receive it! If allowed by the forum!

For myself I'm using the same OS, same iPhone model and the same iTunes version, but I'm already using 2.2 through pwnage tool for MAC! And it worked PERFECTLY! But I'm just curious to know which applications work so I may try and help other users! I've pwned my iPhone several times, friend's iPhones and others, free of charge! I'm just helping other mates, I'm not looking to get any money from co-fans of iPhone whatsoever!

Thanks for advice!
    Nuno
    2009-01-17 05:30 AM