User Tag List

Hello, I have a 2g iphone v2.1 and would like to updrade to the newest firmware. My understanding from looking around here is that I should be able to just upgrade through iTunes and then use quickpwn or whatever to re-jailbreak it, However what i dont know is when i do the upgrade will it mess with my custom/non app store apps? Like for instance I have the 'folders' app with pics and other various files, will it delete them? or any videos that I have recorde with cycorder, will they be gone? I just dont want to risk loosing anything.

Thanks!
    2009-02-23 02:56 PM
    If you want to keep apps downloaded from cydia, download Aptbackup off cydia. Once you install it, use the Backup option and re-sync your iphone to itunes. Backup whatever you have on the phone (videos, pics, etc) and once you have done that you can upgrade. Once the upgrade and jailbreak is completed, sync your phone with itunes. Re-download Aptbackup from cydia. Select the Restore option. It will get back all of the cydia apps you previously had.
    2009-02-23 03:54 PM
    thats freakin awsome!
    Thanks!

While im here, another quick question about clippy..
    I just installed it from cydia first time i tried to use it it tells me the demo has expired, and please upgrade, I saw that a bunch of other people had this problem too, does anyone konw if there is a fix for this?

Thanks again!
    2009-02-23 03:58 PM
    Once you update it, that should get rid of the message. the newest clippy won't show the copy paste stack close menu on top of the keyboard when u press the 123? button. Instead, you hold the 123? button until the menu slides out.
    2009-02-23 04:00 PM
    how do i upgrade? thats the newest one on cydia that i can find
    2009-02-23 04:04 PM
    Under Changes, have you refreshed?
    2009-02-23 04:05 PM
    i just did a refresh and there are several apps that need upadtes on my iphone, but clippy is not one of them according to cydia..
    2009-02-23 04:10 PM
    Try updating those apps first and try refreshing again. You can also try to remove, then find Clippy and install it again.

You can also try to install Clippy Search. That might be important to the upgrade.
    Last edited by itzbilly; 2009-02-23 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-02-23 04:20 PM
    well that did it! I upgraded sll my other apps and clippy showed up, and is working now.
    Thanks!
    2009-02-23 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD