Hi

I recently developed this bizarre error with my 1.1.1 iphone.

When I make calls I hear the ringing sound but when the other person answers the call, I hear them for 1 second then the sound cuts out.

The only way I can hear them again is to hit speakerphone and the sound returns. If I turn off speakerphone I can hear them again through the phone.

So I decided to upgrade to 1.1.3 with ziphone to see if that fixed the issue. No luck.

I figured it probably had something to do with the baseband, so I've been trying to use the baseband downgrader in installer, but that fails everytime.

So I guess I have 2 questions.

1. Does anyone have any other suggestions as to how to fix this sound issue or am I on the right track trying to downgrade the baseband?

and

2. What can I do to get the baseband downgrader to work?

(BTW I have tried doing a full restore back to 1.1.1 with iTunes and Ziphone but I have a suspicion that it was Ziphone that caused the sound issue in the first place!)

My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but unfortunately "sound cut out when calling" brings up lots of posts, none seeming to connect to my particular issue.

Thanks.
    2008-03-05 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD