I have a 1st Gen unlocked / jailbroken 2.2.1 iPhone with non working internal speaker. I believe it's malfunctioning because just before it stopped working, all sounds from speaker used to cut in & out. I also discovered that if I "blow" in the speaker holes (lower left side of phone) it would work but goes out again if volume is turned up or after a couple minutes of playing. This happens on all sound playing & calls on speaker phone (headphones & ear speaker works fine). It defiantly IS NOT the headphone issue because I donít use headphones as well as I DO NOT get the "(headphone)" with speaker icon when adjusting the volume.

I would DEEPLY appreciate all input to try to resolve this issue. I looked everywhere online but canít find any directions to replace internal speaker as well.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
    2009-03-05 06:45 AM
    try resetting all your settings under Settings.app>general>...
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.
    2009-03-05 12:02 PM
    I have done that as well as restoreing & jailbrakeing several times. I think its a harware problem. Does anyone know where I can find instructions to replace internal speaker.

Thanks in advance.
    2009-03-05 03:25 PM
    2009-03-06 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD