Hello everyone!

This is my first post and I am looking for some help. I have been searching on Google and this forum for about a week now, and have gotten nowhere as far as aiding my problem.

I recently won an unlocked and jailbroken 2G iPhone with firmware 2.2 on ebay, and it works great. I use T-Mobile and I have no problems with it.

The only thing is....there is NO Cydia and/or Installer on the iPhone, even though it is jailbroken. I thought that maybe I was deceived and that the phone wasn't REALLY Jailbroken, just unlocked, but when I asked the seller about it, this is the answer I received:

Honestly i am going off of what my technician tells me, he says he uses the 2.2.1 software because the new one slows the phone down when you unlock it, and he says that he jailbreaks it but doesnt have the cydia on the home page

I found this strange since the phone that was sold to me has the 2.2 firmware.

A couple of things I did try was....

- I downloaded quickpwn for firmware 2.2 and ran it on my Mac, but when it searched my iPhone it said that the firmware was not found, which makes no sense because it says right on the iPhone that it's running firmware 2.2.
    - I tried the disabling/enabling of the restrictions under the Settings/General section, but that didn't work either.

I am unsure what to do, because I don't really see the point in having a Jailbroken iPhone if I don't have the capability to access 3rd Party apps, and I know I need Cydia or AT LEAST Installer to do this.

Some help would be most appreciated! I am hoping there is a way to obtain Cydia for my phone even after it has been jailbroken, but if not, then maybe I should upgrade to 2.2.1 and jailbreak the phone again?

Please help! Thanks so much!

Smiles
    Erica
    2009-03-12 04:24 AM
    Upgrade and re-jailbrake.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-03-13 09:50 AM
    You might want to use Pwnage Tool to do the upgrade, as this will not upgrade the baseband modem firmware to the latest version that Yellow snow cannot unlock. I am not sure if your phone is hardware unlocked if upgrading the baseband will have a negative effect, but better safe than sorry. Maybe someone else can shine some more light on this.

Oops. Didn't catch the 2G. nm!
    Last edited by Nan00k; 2009-03-13 at 10:48 AM.
    2009-03-13 10:03 AM
    YellowSn0w is only for 3G iPhones so not an issue.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-03-13 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD