User Tag List

I feel like an idiot. I'm usually so good about backing up my files before replacing them or tinkering with them. Anyway, I didn't do it this time and now have completely wrecked my calculator. It loads but when I press a key to calculate something it gets weird and closes and then immediately opens up my contacts for some reason...?

Anyway... i guess i just wonder if anyone knows a source where I can download the files to put back into my /root/applications/calculator.app folder...? Or, would anyone be willing to .zip file the default files for me so I can reinstall them?

Thanks... (i am desperate here.. i use my calculator a lot)

~Monica (grumbleBee)

...anyone?
    Last edited by grumblebee; 2009-03-12 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-03-12 10:32 PM
    so who turned you on to not using winterboard?
    Attached Files
    2009-03-12 10:38 PM
    ^^lol
    2009-03-12 10:45 PM
    so who turned you on to not using winterboard?
    I know... moron, right? First and last time I'll be doing that... trust me.

Anyway.. this is odd. I transferred all the files via FTP to my /root/applications/calculator.app folder and it is still not working.

Does anyone know if there is another directory where a calculator file might be?

This would be so stupid if I had to restore and start from scratch just because i screwed up my calculator...

~Monica

Does anyone have any insight into what is going on and what I can do to fix it? (hidden file somewhere needing replacement, etc.) It is just the calculator that is messed up. I am using version 2.0.2

I tried replacing all the files that "him121213" attached in the .zip files, but it is still not working... (even after reset, attempt to load calculator styles in Winterboard, etc.)

?

~Monica
    Last edited by grumblebee; 2009-03-13 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-03-13 09:26 PM
    Since you didn't mention before that you are on 2.0.2 maybe that calculator file was a 2.2 firmware file which is slightly different than your firmware version.
    That's why it doesn't work.
    Try searching the download section here.
    Also overwritng the calculator file is not a good idea because if you have a misnamed/corrupt file in there it will still be in there after overwriting.
    Best is to delete your corrupt calculator app and install a new 2.0.2 calculator app when you get one.

I, unfortunately am on 2.1 which I think is also slighty different than the version you're looking for.
    2009-03-13 09:52 PM
    Since you didn't mention before that you are on 2.0.2 maybe that calculator file was a 2.2 firmware file which is slightly different than your firmware version.
    That's why it doesn't work.
    Try searching the download section here.
    Also overwritng the calculator file is not a good idea because if you have a misnamed/corrupt file in there it will still be in there after overwriting.
    Best is to delete your corrupt calculator app and install a new 2.0.2 calculator app when you get one.

I, unfortunately am on 2.1 which I think is also slighty different than the version you're looking for.

Why would the corrupt file be there still even after overwriting?

Anyway, i'll have a look around the download area and hopefully can find something. I'll delete the folder entirely, clear the caches, and then try loading the new folder. Hopefully that will work. (can;t believe how much this is driving me insane... it's just a calculator... but honestly... i'm going nuts not being able to fix it right away)

~Monica (GB)

ETA: I just had a look through the downloads. There is a default/stock applications bundle but it was for the old versions. (1.1 or something)
    Last edited by grumblebee; 2009-03-13 at 10:06 PM.
    2009-03-13 09:52 PM
    If the corrupt file is named differently than overwriting will not delete it unless the overwriting file is named the same. Otherwise it will still be there along with the newly overwritten files.

Maybe there is a file in your Calculator App that (might) be named differently since you were tinkering with the folder.

Also I have read that calculator themes from 2.1 weren't working on 2.2. because Apple had altered the way the files were read.

So I was saying that just to give precaution.

You can try checking your Calculator app files against the one given by him121213 and see if there are any discrepancies.

Worst case scenario would be restoring to newer more stable firmware and re-jailbreaking.

EDIT: maybe try some of these Calculator themes from 2.0 (not below 2.0)
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/dlcat-c...pp-screens-81/
    Last edited by THEdAY; 2009-03-14 at 07:11 AM.
    2009-03-14 07:07 AM