User Tag List

I know this has probably been asked but i just cant find the right post to answer ALL my questions. your help is VERY VERY VERY much appreciated!

So i currently have a jailbroken Iphone 3g on version 2.1 using Itunes 8.1

I need to do the following for many reasons :

I would like to backup my 1) pictures, 2) contacts, 3) email, 4)SMS's 5) non-cydia/installer APP's (optional but would be nice)
    Next i would like to RELOCK my phone, upgrade it, and restore those 4 things without re-unlocking.
    I DO NOT want to backup ANYTHING but these 5 things.

If anyone can please give me instructions on how to do this (minus the upgrading part) i would realllllly appreciate it.
    I do not know any super tech terms, and i SERIOUSLY apologize if this is in anyway a repost and will delete the thread as soon as i get it done so please don't delete it, im desperate for the help.

someone please?
    Last edited by Kosherish; 2009-03-18 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-03-18 01:14 AM
    wheneber you sync it will back up everything

if you really want just back up the var/mobile/library folder and then after you rejailbreak replace the folders

as for upgrading without having to unlock again... not possible

be careful what you do when upgrading an unlocked phone because if you are using yellowsn0w you can cripple the unlock... if you dont know the words, it is often a sign of not knowing what you are doing
    2009-03-18 02:09 AM