Hello

I just want to say that I am have been able to revert back to 2.2.1. I have been able to activate with Fido through iTumes, Jailbroken the device. In the process however, I have been upgraded to the latest baseband (04.22.01).

It's quite easy.

Hey guys,

I've been able to revert back to 2.2.1. I have been able to activate the device with my carrier (Fido) and also Jailbrake it. In the process however, I have been updated to the latest baseband (04.22.01)

The process was actually quite easy once I realized there is a difference between "Recovery Mode" and "DFY Mode". There is only a small diffence. In DFU mode the screen of the iphone stays black, but in Recovery mode, there is the Iteune logo with a USB cable/connector. Very important!!!

BTW, I start this whole things from 2.2.1, with a 3G phone, with the updated baseband.

Here are the steps:

1) open itunes
    2) get iphone in DFU mode (Turn off your iPhone completly/Wait 5 seconds/ Hold down the power and home button/When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button.Screen should remain BLACK!!!)

3) In Itunes, select shift + restore (using the original 2.0 firmware, not the custom one)

4) let iphone do the restart process until you get ERROR 1013 in itunes (the error means that itunes has noticed that the baseband has been updated and is o longer what it used to be for your firmware. Dont worry about this. Continue. )

5) Dont unplug your iphone, dont touch it.

6) close itunes. (No need to kill processes)

7) open QuickPwn 2.2.5_2 . You will get a message saying to hold power and home for EXACTLY 15 seconds. do EXACTLY 13 SECONDS. The phone should then be off.

8) Wait 5 seconds.

9) Hold the power for 2 secs and release

10) Go through with the QuickPwn process. Your iphone will reboot when the process is done.

11) Close QuickPwn

12) open itunes and activate your phone.

13) Shut down your computer

14) Unplug your Iphone

15) Open computer

16) Open itunes

17) Plug in Iphone

18) Upgrade itunes to 8.1.1

19) Restart computer

20) Upgrade your iphone to 2.2.1 using the upgrade process in itunes

19) close itunes

20) Open qucikpwn

21) Go through with the QuickPwn process. Your iphone will reboot when the process is done.

22) Enjoy your unbricked, activated iphone on 2.2.1.

23) Remember to be patient next time, and not to install betas

24) If your heart deems it necessary, send a small contribution to my paypal account for the countless hours I spent trying to figure this one out: [email protected]

Thanks and enjoy!!!!
    2009-04-07 06:28 AM
    so my phone has been bricked. I am able to successfully revert back to 2.2.1 using the steps described here, BUT, my phone will not activate. When QuickPWN is done jailbreaking it, iTunes recognizes it, and immediately wants to sync it, never says anything about activation, what do i do? I can get the phone to be useable, but there's no signal, no carrier icon and in the settings it says "(null)(null)" for carrier, any help?
    2009-04-08 04:28 PM
    Downgrading 3.0 to 2.2.1 on a Mac with a 1st gen iPhone is ridiculously simple.

Option click Restore in iTunes.

Select your custom 2.2.1 firmware.

Done. You didn't even need to DFU to do this.
    Hmm...
    2009-04-09 07:55 AM
23 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD