Hi everyone,
    I hope I am posting this in the right place. If not, admin please move it and put it in the right place.

I just got my iPhone 3G 2.2 version. But once I took it out of the box I noticed that the speakers weren't working. The Iphone was already jailbroken and unlocked. So I thought it might've been from wrong jailbreaking and unlocking the iphone. I took my Iphone back the to shop and he said he'll try to restore it and jaailbreak it and then unlock it. Well I after visiting ur site I thought I can give it a shot myself. I successfuly jailbroken and unlocked the phone. But still the speakers are not working?
    Any suggestions why? or how can I tackle this issue?

Thanks
    2009-03-21 09:12 PM
    What speaker? is it just the ear speaker, or does speakerphone not work as well..

BTW. where did you purchase your phone?
    2009-03-21 09:28 PM
    Hi,
    What I meant was that no sound comes out of the phone. For example, if some calls me my does make any sound. If it's the vibrate is on, then it vibrates otherwise it'll be as as it's been put on silent.
    When I put my ear sets then I can the ringtones and all thru the head set.
    Don't know what to do.
    2009-03-21 11:01 PM
    Well, then you have a hardware issue with the speaker. Does it charge/sync fine? Cause the speaker is part of the dock assembly.

But yeah, its a hardware issue.
    2009-03-22 04:24 AM
    Hi Cpjr,
    Yes its syncing fine and charging fine. But I totally agree that its a hardware issue. I am going back to the shop to replace it. Well U all know.

Thanks

Hi once more,
    I have read somewhere that the most common defects for iPhones are speaker and battaries. Well I think that's all what is in it.
    Well I took my phone back to the shop and he said he'll look into. lets see what he can do... keep u posted.
    Last edited by tigerheart57; 2009-03-22 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-03-22 12:52 PM
    I wonder if this is the same (common) problem that affects the 2G phone? I did try and find the video for you that I came across the other day but failed....

Basically on the 2G it can happen that dust etc. gets down into the headphone jack socket causing the phone to mistakenly believe headphones are plugged in - at which point it switches off the internal speaker. Fair enough.

The video shows someone taking a cotton bud, trimming it slightly, dabbing a drop of alcohol on the end and wiggling it around in the socket to clear out any debris. Others say that inserting & removing a headphone plug numerous times at speed also does the job of clearing things out.

HTH.

Steve
    2009-03-22 05:49 PM
    Are you sure your vibration switch is off? We had one of those last week...
    2009-03-22 05:54 PM
    Ah, I should have known. Apparently someone started up a video sharing web site... TubeMe or something.

Here you go: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fHeh55ziGo]YouTube - Clean the iPhone earphone jack[/ame]

It may not be your problem but it's probably worth a try.

I once fixed a "My 3G iPhone won't switch on, it's totally dead..." for someone by patting the phone very firmly on my leg a few times. Dust between the contacts on the sleep/wake button.

Cheers,

Steve
    2009-03-22 05:57 PM
    Well thanks mates for all ur info and the vedio. I did the classical move. Returned and I was lucky. The guys agreed to exchange for me and I had to wait for like 7 dyas. I just got it yesterday and I jailbroke it and it was working wonderfully.
    thanks once more everyone.
    2009-04-03 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD