i got err 1604
    iPhone = HOURS on MMI
    2009-04-27 10:03 PM
    i got err 1604
    Doing what? Downgrading? Upgrading?
    2009-04-28 06:20 AM
    i upgraded the first time to 3.0 nd my phone was stuck in Emergency mode and i figured it was cause im not registed so i thought my phone was ******. I didnt even try to downgrade back. I waled into the apple store he looked at my phone,asked me if i backed everything up and came out with a brand new one. i told him it froze while i was tring to update to 2.2

to sum it up if ur phone is Bricked take it to apple and get a fresh one
    a friend of mine tried upgrading before he was registered and he got stuck at the activate screen with the purple background, brought it into apple and they told him they couldn't and wouldn't touch anything with beta 3.0 on it. it really does all depend on who you talk to and how you talk to them.
    2009-04-28 09:04 PM
    where can i find font files in 3.0 fw?
    2009-05-01 07:20 AM
    a friend of mine tried upgrading before he was registered and he got stuck at the activate screen with the purple background, brought it into apple and they told him they couldn't and wouldn't touch anything with beta 3.0 on it. it really does all depend on who you talk to and how you talk to them.
    Sometimes it comes down to being lucky!
    2009-05-01 10:54 AM
    i got err 1604
    This is a simple fix. It just means that the iphone firmware was installed but iTunes thinks it's not official for some reason so it requires you to do the process again. However, you don't have to do that. Just download this program that will boot up your iphone and you should be good to go. You don't really need anything else that it offers. Anytime you restore from a custom firmware and get an error use this program to re-boot the iphone and you should be fine.

Rock Your Phone

After using this program just open iTunes and it should ask you to sync from a saved back-up.
    2009-05-17 11:40 PM
    Before yiou instal that i would read up on all the problems people have had with 'Rock Your Phone' - I certainly wouldn't let it near my phone/computer!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-05-17 11:43 PM
    Before yiou instal that i would read up on all the problems people have had with 'Rock Your Phone' - I certainly wouldn't let it near my phone/computer!
    I would say not to install it on your iphone but as for your computer it does not cause any harm. For your iphone it can cause the springboard to crash based on my experience. Only it use it to get your iphone to boot up after the error message then close down Rock Your Phone. Do you agree confucious? It always works for me fine when i used it for that purpose.
    2009-05-17 11:50 PM
    If it works for you, great. But I still see no reason to download something that causes so many problems - not one for me.
    Last edited by confucious; 2009-05-18 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Yo? I meant you!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-05-17 11:58 PM
    That's Right you shouldn't have to pay anything to get Beta 3.0 Beta OS. If you will send me your UDID and the name of your iPhone (for example Paul's iPhone)

I will add you to my Apple Dev account for free. I have 80 more slots available.
    send your requests to my email address. [email protected]

Paul
    2009-05-19 11:51 PM
    That's a new email address - is your other one full of SPAM? If the offer is genuine it is very generous, thank you.
    2009-05-20 12:56 AM
    It is a genuine offer. Free to as many as the 80 slots can help. Pass the word to anyone you know. I just made the new email address, for just the purpose of the offer.
    2009-05-20 01:23 AM
    That's Right you shouldn't have to pay anything to get Beta 3.0 Beta OS. If you will send me your UDID and the name of your iPhone (for example Paul's iPhone)

I will add you to my Apple Dev account for free. I have 80 more slots available.
    send your requests to my email address. [email protected]

Paul
    I can confirm this to be a ginuine offer... I emailed him and within 10 min he had already emailed me back letting me know he added me.
    2009-06-12 02:04 AM
    Not this again
    2009-06-12 02:14 AM
    I have a iphone 2G on (iPhone)WWDC OS 3.0 GM. I updated yesterday and my battery dies in no time and my phone is always warm. Any suggestions? I am going back to 2.2.1. Copy and paste is not that important.
    2009-06-13 05:55 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD