oki call me dumb, but i thought i would pay for a proffesional to upgrade my phone from 1.0.2 to 1.1.3 and i was very glad until i got home and got into my wireless network.

i noticed the following:

1) customize does not work properly, i do some changes and they dont get saved
    2) summerboard does not install
    3) when i installed IPhysics i fuond out all my old "games" where present without re-installing them.

much much more, this is when i thought of hooking it up to my IPHONE BROWSER program, and when i did i wasnt able to see the phone and message displayed saying "are you sure you jailbreaked your phone corrctly?"

a big light bulb lit in my head and thats when i installed "finder" in my iphone to browse my files. here i noticed my old config 1.0.2 was still there, including old wall papers, games, and other files that would not show up on my 1.1.3 screen.

so i got punked (sort of speak) paid 40$ for nothing

last thing i did was use Ziphone, thinking it would help. but after the 4 mins notice, the phone rebooted with the same 1.1.3 problems.

do need to "format" my iphone and then upgrade it? is that possible? should i restore using itunes anf then use ziphone? i dont know what to do i got used to FAMILY GUY THEME and now i cant have it

please help....
    2008-03-07 11:04 PM
    Best thing to do is "restore" to 1.1.3, then use Ziphone to jailbreak/activate. Should be good after that.

The file structure changed dramatically with the 1.1.3 firmware update, if you foo-bar the upgrade it will leave lots of unwanted file trash on the phone.
    2008-03-07 11:35 PM
    Thanks alot cpjr, so basically i do the following:

1) download 1.1.3 firmware (form the Ziphone 2.5c links)
    2) plug in the Iphone, open ITUNES, SHIFT + RESTORE, select 1.1.3 file and start.
    3) after restore is done, open ziphone and press ALL AT ONCE

and thats it??? is it that simple? will it delete all the old files and make my phone brand new for new installations?

should i restore to 1.1.4 or stay with 1.1.3 as yoru advise?

thanks again and hope you can confirm the above steps. you rock
    2008-03-08 01:47 PM
    wow you really paid 40 bucks for nothing huh? what was the reasoning behind that? just wondering why you thought that you needed a "Professional" to do it for you....and did you tell them that your phone was unlocked before you let them update it? just wondering...good luck
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage
    2008-03-08 01:59 PM
    I may be wrong, but don't you have to re-jailbreak if you upgrade your firmware? If that's the case it sounds like that's why your apps, and customization is screwed up.
    2008-03-08 02:26 PM
    wow you really paid 40 bucks for nothing huh? what was the reasoning behind that? just wondering why you thought that you needed a "Professional" to do it for you....and did you tell them that your phone was unlocked before you let them update it? just wondering...good luck
    well honestly with all the BRICKED notices on the web ever since the Iphone was released i was scared to brick my phone and wont be able to unlock it again ... then i found out about Ziphone, lol....

anyway, yeah 40$ for nothing, and he did know it was unlocked, since i am in Lebanon and we dont have "legal" iphones here ...

iam ready to do the restore to NEW PHONE, but again as always iam scared, and want to get a confirmation on what i said rearlier if thats the way i should go by it :S
    2008-03-08 03:03 PM
    sethulhu,

Here's what I would do.

1) Connect iPhone to computer, and open iTunes to make sure the computer recognizes it. You may also want to do a Sync to backup all your data.

2) Open ZiPhone, and click the Refurbish button. This will restore all the locks on the phone, and put it in DFU mode (this will force you to restore through iTunes)

3) Return to iTunes, and hold Shift and click Restore. Restore the firmware you want (I would recommend 1.1.4, unless there is some special reason you want 1.1.3. 1.1.4 is just bug fixes) Once the restore is complete you will basically have a "factory new" phone with whatever firmware you chose.

4) Open ZiPhone again and click the "Do it all" button. Wait a few minutes and you should be done!

BTW, I've had my iPhone working in Canada Since September 07. It was 1.0.2 OTB, and I've probably jailbroken / unlocked it at least 20 times since then using various methods. I've also unlocked several iPhones for friends. I've never bricked a phone. I'm not sure exactly how peoples phones get bricked, but if you follow these steps, and stick to trusted programs like ZiPhone, it will minimize the risk. Good luck!
    2008-03-08 05:39 PM
    ASar80, thanx alot man. ill download 1.1.4 as you said and follow your steps.

allow mw to thank you again through the forum module. you rock :bow smilie:

oki iam going to say a final thanks to ASar80 and Cpjr for helping me on this. iam on 1.1.4, restored with no problems and working great. now onto installing the apps that i love...

thans again guys....
    Last edited by sethulhu; 2008-03-09 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-03-09 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD