One other thing; That [email protected] person was spamming advertisements for UDID activations on Demonoid when the very first 3.0 Beta was leaked. Just an FYI.
    2009-05-05 07:12 AM
    Looks like Beta 4
    Will wait for the experts' opinion...
    2009-05-05 07:29 AM
    One other thing; That [email protected] person was spamming advertisements for UDID activations on Demonoid when the very first 3.0 Beta was leaked. Just an FYI.
    Well that pretty much confirms it for me. Most likely a con.

Hmm stealth has oddly been quiet through all this. I wonder what he's up to...

He would have been done downloading this ages before most of us.
    2009-05-05 07:30 AM
    Looks like Beta 4
    Will wait for the experts' opinion...
    Bummer. And I was looking forward to it.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

2009-05-05 07:36 AM
    It's definitely Beta 4. I haven't finished downloading yet but it allocated 239,614,083 bytes of data for the "Beta 5" IPSW. And guess what? My Beta 4 IPSW is exactly 239,614,083 bytes. There's no way in hell Beta 4 and Beta 5 are EXACTLY the same size.

The Beta 5 leak is nothing but a scam. Do not send ANY money to [email protected]!
    2009-05-05 07:41 AM
    Booooo!
    I stayed up for this?!? Off to bed

@lightmaster PM me when you get the info...
    2009-05-05 07:44 AM
    It's definitely Beta 4. I haven't finished downloading yet but it allocated 239,614,083 bytes of data for the "Beta 5" IPSW. And guess what? My Beta 4 IPSW is exactly 239,614,083 bytes. There's no way in hell Beta 4 and Beta 5 are EXACTLY the same size.

The Beta 5 leak is nothing but a scam. Do not send ANY money to [email protected]!
    Hahaha! Christ what a moron, if I was the con artist I would have at least modded the file slightly so the sizes wouldn't match. Stupid!
    2009-05-05 07:46 AM
    I've got the final nail in the coffin right here. The BuildManifest.plist file in the root of the IPSW shows this:

<key>BuildNumber</key>
    <string>7A300g</string>

Oh, and the file hashes of iPhone1,2_3.0_7A300g_Restore.ipsw and iPhone1,2_3.0_6b800g_Restore.ipsw match up 100%. I guess I probably should have mentioned that first.
    2009-05-05 07:59 AM
    Ok this is a confirmed bust I took the ispw apart and inside the Build Manifest it is listed at 7A300g which is beta 4. Please stop seeding it. My download unhung up at 98% for 30 minutes or I would have it the conformation faster!

Current Projects:

Well at least I can tell you all that the baseband downgrader is working fine and is ready to go. I just need to upload the files and write up a quick guide. It is based on the same exploit for the 5.8 bootloader, so you must have it. It will not work on 5.9 and so on. If you decided to give 3.0 a try and got your baseband upgraded by mistake than this will fix it. It will downgrade your baseband from 4.26 to 2.28! It is also very practical for you all that just upgraded to beta 4 to realize your sim adapter doesn't work with the newest baseband (4.26). We can downgrade your baseband to (4.22) so your sim adapter will function again.

I know most of you are wondering if you can downgrade the baseband to 2.28 and run 3.0 at the same time for the purposes of using yellowsnow. The answer is yes you can run 3.0 and the 2.28 baseband together but you will have no phone and itunes will not be happy. 3.0 and 2.28 as of this moment can not talk to each other. If you want to run yellowsnow then you will have to return to 2.2.1. Sorry! Anyway I thought I would give you all a heads up on what I am working.

P.S.

Almost got bundles working for spotlight to search within catergories and poofed apps. Also been playing with the artwork packer and I should be able to upload a screenshot of my skinned keyboard tomorrow.

Also working on a modified Pwnage Tool & QuickPWN for 3.0!

-Stealth
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2009-05-05 at 08:05 AM.
    2009-05-05 08:02 AM
    Almost got bundles working for spotlight to search within catergories and poofed apps. Also been playing with the artwork packer and I should be able to upload a screenshot of my skinned keyboard tomorrow.

Also working on a modified Pwnage Tool & QuickPWN for 3.0!

-Stealth
    I can't wait to get those bundles for spotlight, that is going to be amazingly helpful! I really hate having so many pages of apps. I think apple raised the maximum number of pages to 12 because I had 12 pages to start with, but deleted some apps and put some more in folders.

Will the Pwnage Tool allow for installing packages directly inside the ipsw like the older ones did?
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

2009-05-05 08:13 AM
    I can't wait to get those bundles for spotlight, that is going to be amazingly helpful! I really hate having so many pages of apps. I think apple raised the maximum number of pages to 12 because I had 12 pages to start with, but deleted some apps and put some more in folders.

Will the Pwnage Tool allow for installing packages directly inside the ipsw like the older ones did?
    Yea, its going to be the same old Pwnage Tool, just for 3.0. The main goal would be to allow those custom ispws for preloaded package bundles and prevent baseband updates. The tool itself is not going to be all that difficult now with snow leopard running . But getting iTunes 8.2 to allow the custom firmware is something else.
    2009-05-05 08:19 AM
    Yea, its going to be the same old Pwnage Tool, just for 3.0. The main goal would be to allow those custom ispws for preloaded package bundles and prevent baseband updates. The tool itself is not going to be all that difficult now with snow leopard running . But getting iTunes 8.2 to allow the custom firmware is something else.
    iTunes 8.2 doesn't allow custom firmware?

2009-05-05 08:23 AM
    Geez you've been busy stealth! Props to you man. I look forward to those modified spotlight bundles. I'd love to be able to search hidden apps.

You're freaking amazing stealth, wish I had your skills.

BTW How is snow leopard? I'm downloading it right now.
    2009-05-05 08:26 AM
    I like Snow Leopard. I'm not using it as my main OS right now, though, because Finder froze up on me too often. Other than that, its pretty good. I does seem more like a bug fix than a major upgrade because there aren't enough brand new features in it. I am probably going to switch over to using Snow Leopard as my main OS when the release the next beta, assuming Finder doesn't crash as often.

2009-05-05 08:35 AM
    Geez you've been busy stealth! Props to you man. I look forward to those modified spotlight bundles. I'd love to be able to search hidden apps.

You're freaking amazing stealth, wish I had your skills.

Thanks! Yea I am running on fumes. 15 hours a day dedicated to this community and my iphone has run me down. I really enjoy working on all these projects and they are addicting. I am just scrambling to get as much done as possible before the "official" beta 5 gets here. From the moment a beta is released till at least a few days after the jailbreak is released, my PM box is being maxed out a several times and my PM box is 6 times bigger than most. I can't work on any projects during those times at all.

Snow leopard is buggy and I don't think worth it unless you have particular needs for it. Snow leopard is needed to be able to read the ramdisk on 3.0. So no snow = no jailbreak.
    2009-05-05 08:36 AM
    ^ does that mean that you will have to have snow leopard to run the new Pwnage tool? If so, I'm glad I already have it.
    2009-05-05 08:47 AM
    No you will not need snow leopard. It is only needed for developers of jailbreaking tools.
    2009-05-05 08:56 AM
    ^ ah. It doesn't make a diffence to me, but it probably would to a lot of people.
    2009-05-05 09:04 AM
    Yeaaa, now A2DP controles volume

jailbroke done anybody knows if installd works on beta 4 ?

tks to exist....
    How? Mine doesn't control volume.
    2009-05-05 09:15 AM
    In case anyone is interested, I made some lock keypad buttons to match the "retro dialer"

Thanks, do I just put these in the Springboard.app folder?

Also does anyone know what APN 1, 2, and 3 each represent? Which is MMS apn, which is data, etc?
    2009-05-05 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD