User Tag List

Thanks everyone! I am back working on some cool projects for 3.0!
    do tell :P
    2009-05-12 03:53 AM
    Can't wait to see what you have in store for us Stealth. I'm sure it's awesome.
    2009-05-12 03:54 AM
    Has anyone been able to get Weathericon to work? If so please explain what you had to do?
    2009-05-12 04:10 AM
    i iphone i working with 3.0 now but sim still lock
    any one can help now?? please please
    2009-05-12 04:24 AM
    Another member of the iphone community makes its return today... Mobile Terminal is back ladies and gentlemen! Check cydia to get your updated copy.
    WOO! Hell yeah!
    I've been putting off updating to beta 5. With Cydia and Mobile Terminal back though I can't put it off any more. I've been going nuts without Mobile Terminal.
    2009-05-12 04:27 AM
    i just restore my iphone from quickpwn 3.0 b5 and the program work but sim not reconize. any software can unlock sim?
    2009-05-12 04:29 AM
    Saurik has been very helpful by releasing WinterBoard 3.0 and important tools to help allow this to happen correctly.
    Are you saying that the WinterBoard in Cydia will now work on 3.0?

Another member of the iPhone community makes its return today... Mobile Terminal is back ladies and gentlemen! Check Cydia to get your updated copy.
    Yay! Just downloaded and tested it; works flawlessly. Congrats and thank you to whoever fixed it (I'm assuming Saurik). I've really missed MobileTerminal.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

2009-05-12 04:30 AM
    ^ I am saying that it may be possible on beta 6
    2009-05-12 05:13 AM
    Any luck yet with a searchBundle for spotlight to let it search inside Categories' folders and poofed apps?
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

2009-05-12 05:28 AM
    can someone tell me what lines specifically need to be changed in services.plist so i can get diskaid working? i installed iFile and Core Utilites and finally have the battery percentage toggle and all that's working but when i open the services.plist that i downloaded from the start of this post and compare it to the one on the phone it looks COMPLETELY different and i'm guessing it's because i'm opening it on the iMac?!? help please!
    2009-05-12 05:39 AM
    ^^ not yet. It doesn't work right. I have a buddy of mine looking at it.
    2009-05-12 05:41 AM
    ahh.

Thanks Stealth! i FINALLY got the battery percentage toggle working! go me! lol
    2009-05-12 05:43 AM
    can someone tell me what lines specifically need to be changed in services.plist so i can get diskaid working? i installed iFile and Core Utilites and finally have the battery percentage toggle and all that's working but when i open the services.plist that i downloaded from the start of this post and compare it to the one on the phone it looks COMPLETELY different and i'm guessing it's because i'm opening it on the iMac?!? help please!
    It is way different. I told you it would be a pain . I am working on what we talked about right now. Hopefully tomorrow!

ahh.

Thanks Stealth! i FINALLY got the battery percentage toggle working! go me! lol
    Awesome!
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2009-05-12 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-05-12 05:48 AM
    ^^ not yet. It doesn't work right. I have a buddy of mine looking at it.
    Were you replying to me or to Mercury?

2009-05-12 05:51 AM
    Were you replying to me or to Mercury?
    Sorry, I was talking to you. I want to get it working very badly!
    2009-05-12 05:53 AM
    Sorry, I was talking to you. I want to get it working very badly!
    I can't wait to get a copy of it. I've got about 100 apps installed and they're all out on the SpringBoard. What I want is to have them in folders (ie: games, utilities, media, etc) and use Spotlight to find and launch them. That's what I did with QuickGold on 2.x.

Anything new with the Calculator searchBundle?

2009-05-12 05:58 AM
    I thought so too but after a little research I found out that beta 3 expired on May 9th nearly four weeks after release. As to the poster who says he's still on beta 3 on surprised. My dad was on that and it was jailbroken but it still expired. Weird..
    My 2G is still on Beta 3 and iTunes hasn't mentioned that it has expired or have the pink/purple screen of death come across it. I can't update it since it is not registered to a dev list, but I hardly use it so it's not a biggie.

I modified the SystemVersion.plist file to claim it has a Public version of the software instead of a Beta version (still says 3.0 and build 7A280f in About and on iTunes) to bypass the UDID checking iTunes did upon device connection, so that might be why it hasn't 'died' in a sea of pink/purple as well.

Also,
    Has anybody gotten MewSeek (non-Pro) to work in beta 5? I'm thinking it may be due to incomplete kernel/codesigning patching (as was mentioned w.r.t. Winterboard in previous posts), but I wanted to see if I was wrong. I know it worked in Beta 3, but it didn't work in Beta 4 (for the very brief time I had it on my 3G) or on Beta 5.

As for the beta unrelated to jailbreak, several of my normal 'Sandboxed'/AppStore apps still aren't operating in this beta (for example neither Truphone nor USA Today have worked since Beta 2).
    Last edited by GenesisDH; 2009-05-12 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Added items
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave
    2009-05-12 09:51 AM
    hmz, is it just me? Is anyone else having problems opening "Clock" on the iphone 3.0 beta 5? I need to access my world clocks and alarms, but i cant open it, i push it but it just highlights and doesnt even go to any screen just stays on the springboard.

it might be a noob question but thanks for the help.

-KFX
    Last edited by moscowpride; 2009-05-12 at 10:00 AM. Reason: more info
    2009-05-12 09:57 AM
    hmz, is it just me? Is anyone else having problems opening "Clock" on the iphone 3.0 beta 5? I need to access my world clocks and alarms, but i cant open it, i push it but it just highlights and doesnt even go to any screen just stays on the springboard.

it might be a noob question but thanks for the help.

-KFX
    yea same for me, haven't been able to access it since beta 5, although I don't remember trying it before I JB'd it.
    2009-05-12 10:28 AM
    Has anyone been able to get Weathericon to work? If so please explain what you had to do?
    weathericon stopped working since its last updates, on 3.0
    2009-05-12 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD