I suck at keeping secrets LOL
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. -- Jackie Mason
    2009-05-15 06:58 AM
    Any clue on this error on itunes? error occured (0xE8008001)App not compatible with the 3.0 OS or just is there a way around that. Thanks
    2009-05-15 06:59 AM
    Any clue on this error on itunes? error occured (0xE8008001)App not compatible with the 3.0 OS or just is there a way around that. Thanks
    You could try changing the SystemVersion.plist file in "/System/Library/CoreServices" to say 2.2.1 instead of 3.0 and remove the lines that contain "<key>ReleaseType</key>" and "<string>Beta</string>". That might work.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

2009-05-15 07:16 AM
    You could try changing the SystemVersion.plist file in "/System/Library/CoreServices" to say 2.2.1 instead of 3.0 and remove the lines that contain "<key>ReleaseType</key>" and "<string>Beta</string>". That might work.
    Damn no go, it's alright though was worth a shot.
    2009-05-15 07:45 AM
    does anyone else's iTunes store app do this?
    Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch
    2009-05-15 09:17 AM
    does anyone else's iTunes store app do this?
    Yes. Everyone's iTunes Store does that because of Mobile Substrate. Don't worry, in the not too distant future, a kernel patch will be released that will fix Mobile Substrate and a lot of other problems, including the iTunes Store.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

2009-05-15 09:26 AM
    Omg I dying here for news. Anything to report stealth?
    2009-05-15 09:44 AM
    Yes. Everyone's iTunes Store does that because of Mobile Substrate. Don't worry, in the not too distant future, a kernel patch will be released that will fix Mobile Substrate and a lot of other problems, including the iTunes Store.
    okay good.. thats what i thought it was. just havent had the time to read the last few pages of the thread.. had a research paper to write.. at least i got to choose my subject.. (evolution of the Mac OS )
    2009-05-15 09:47 AM
    okay good.. thats what i thought it was. just havent had the time to read the last few pages of the thread.. had a research paper to write.. at least i got to choose my subject.. (evolution of the Mac OS )
    Nice topic, I'd love the opportunity to write about that.
    2009-05-15 10:05 AM
    i upgraded from 3.0 b4 to 3.0 b5 on my 2G and now I'm getting no signal......
    downgrade back to 2.2.1 still no signal.... could 3.0 relock my basband??

Update: Click Link Below

Apple flashes first gen iPhone Baseband with 3.0 Firmware Beta 5 - Is Apple planning to relock first gen iPhones?

I got caught!!!!!!

lol but I'm ok now!!!!!

I was scared!!!!!!
    Last edited by justbecause; 2009-05-15 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Update
    2009-05-15 10:20 AM
    man stealth has been keeping quit for far to long time now something good is coming lol
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod
    2009-05-15 12:07 PM
    hi, this is the second time since last year im trying to jailbreak my iphone 3g as i failed last time
    and everything is changed.. seems easier
    but i am still completely clueless on how to do this. please give me instructions for really really stupid people thank you
    2009-05-15 03:32 PM
    Jailbreaking is extremely easy but this is not the right post to ask.
    If your phone is not yet jailbroken, chances are you're not using 3.0 beta.

There are lots of very good and helpful posts under this same group. Search around and if you still have questions then start a new thread.

Good luck
    2009-05-15 03:44 PM
    ^ Dude that was suppose to be a secret! Last time you beta test
    Here comes the drama:

"STEALTH....THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING US... IF WE CAN'T USE OUR SLINGPLAYERS OVER 3G, WE'LL DIE PAINFUL DEATHS!!!"

Well, it's not quite that bad, but lets just say my work is suffering because I'm hitting refresh on this (and 5 other screens) every 2 minutes!

2009-05-15 05:37 PM
    Alright guys, i've got a problem.
    I'm using the ipcc that Stealth posted.
    It's been working great, until today.

Now all I get on my phone is this ....

"Could not activate cellular data network"

HELP ........
    Follow me on Twitter ... http://www.twitter.com/iTooCrzy

Smack That Thanks Button .........
    2009-05-15 05:41 PM
    My refresh button is on fire right now, I've been watching since
    yesterday. Patience, Stealth has never let us down.
    2009-05-15 05:44 PM
    STEALTH give us poor folks something...na for real right now i had to go back to 2.2.1 just because i need to have sling work on 3g and i missed my ireal quick send and quik reply...STEALTH just let me know if i should flash to 3.0 beta 5 knowing if its gonna happen to today?(updated Mobile Substrate?)
    thanx brother
    2009-05-15 05:48 PM
    I'm running the patch right now and in some areas it is working but it is having a few problems that are being fixed right now. Got to makes sure it is safe for release.
    2009-05-15 06:10 PM
    nice....do u have a time frame?
    2009-05-15 06:12 PM
    I'm running the patch right now and in some areas it is working but it is having a few problems that are being fixed right now. Got to makes sure it is safe for release.
    What patch are you talking about? For what?
    Jailbreak the Planet!
    2009-05-15 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.