ty
    2009-05-20 08:40 PM
    Your Welcome
    Last edited by rburg; 2009-05-20 at 08:58 PM.
    2009-05-20 08:51 PM
    When is beta 6 coming? I thought yesterday or today, but I am getting a bad feeling. If it doesn't come today I hope (but doubt) they release the patch anyway. The fact that we haven't heard anything from Stealth since his twitter update makes me think we are not getting any good news. I hope I am wrong.

Time to send a search party out to find Stealth.
    2009-05-20 08:57 PM
    When is beta 6 coming? I thought yesterday or today, but I am getting a bad feeling. If it doesn't come today I hope (but doubt) they release the patch anyway. The fact that we haven't heard anything from Stealth since his twitter update makes me think we are not getting any good news. I hope I am wrong.

Time to send a search party out to find Stealth.
    Beta 6 will probably be released either tonight (2 weeks from when beta 5 was released) or next Tuesday (the day the test push app expires). At the moment, the patch will not be released until after beta 6 is released. If beta 6 isn't released tonight, then the patch won't be either.

If you look at Stealth's profile on MMi, it says he's online right now.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

2009-05-20 09:01 PM
    What was his twitter update?I don't have twitter
    2009-05-20 09:08 PM
    back from school still no beta...
    Google Profile --> link
    Follow me on Twitter "Tweet Tweet"
    2009-05-20 09:09 PM
    ^ it was in a post about a page back just said he was tired of bs rules give the people what they want

I am paraphrasing
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. -- Jackie Mason
    2009-05-20 09:10 PM
    So I have a quick question for you guys while we are waiting for the patch. If somebody has downgraded to 2.2.1 from 3.0 will they be able to do a clean install of 2.2.1 after the downgrade without having to use quickpwn.

The reason I am asking is I'm selling my developer's phone and want to make sure that the kid I'm selling it to won't have any problems with it. I'm downgrading it for him but am just trying to look out for him in the future. Thanks.
    Last edited by MWillis561; 2009-05-20 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-05-20 10:45 PM
    So I have a quick question for you guys while we are waiting for the patch. If somebody has downgraded to 2.2.1 from 3.0 will they be able to do a clean install of 2.2.1 after the downgrade without having to use quickpwn.

The reason I am asking is I'm selling my developer's phone and want to make sure that the kid I'm selling it to won't have any problems with it. I'm downgrading it for him but am just trying to look out for him in the future. Thanks.
    I can't think of any reason that he wouldn't be able to do a normal restore after you downgrade it to 2.2.1. I believe that it will work just like a normal iPhone, like it was never upgraded to begin with.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

2009-05-20 10:49 PM
    I tryed downgrading my iphone and I wouldnt recieve service because of the baseband upgrade
    Google Profile --> link
    Follow me on Twitter "Tweet Tweet"
    2009-05-20 10:53 PM
    hmm that's weird when i downgraded to 2.2.1 I still had perfect service, maybe it varies idk lol
    2009-05-20 11:02 PM
    That's what I'm worried about. With the upgraded baseband, I'm wondering if it will still give an error message like what happens the first time your restore from 3.0 to 2.2.1. If so then I'll just try to find somebody that wants it with 3.0 and just leave the device registered on my account.

With the no service problem, I've heard that if you deactivate 3G then the service will be restored and your phone will be activated. There have been problems between the baseband from 3.0 and 2.2.1 which makes sense since they weren't really made for each other.
    2009-05-20 11:02 PM
    That's what I'm worried about. With the upgraded baseband, I'm wondering if it will still give an error message like what happens the first time your restore from 3.0 to 2.2.1. If so then I'll just try to find somebody that wants it with 3.0 and just leave the device registered on my account.

With the no service problem, I've heard that if you deactivate 3G then the service will be restored and your phone will be activated. There have been problems between the baseband from 3.0 and 2.2.1 which makes sense since they weren't really made for each other.
    Download the 3g fuzzy Baseband downgrader and check if it's possible to downgrade it. If you don't you'll have nothing to worry about. If it isn't downgrade able then maybe just wait for official 3.0 release in a few weeks.
    2009-05-20 11:56 PM
    Crossing fingers for beta 6, TONIGHT ..............
    Follow me on Twitter ... http://www.twitter.com/iTooCrzy

Smack That Thanks Button .........
    2009-05-21 12:01 AM
    Beta 6 is a no go for today. I was told that it was going to come out until Tuesday the 26 of May. So guys we need to get working on something else to fix meantime. And also don't worry about the patch it will come out in due time!
    Jailbreak the Planet!
    2009-05-21 01:26 AM
    Beta 6 is a no go for today. I was told that it was going to come out until Tuesday the 26 of May. So guys we need to get working on something else to fix meantime. And also don't worry about the patch it will come out in due time!
    How do you know it is a no go for today? If it is true it means another week with buggy beta 5.
    2009-05-21 01:36 AM
    If no beta 6 tonight, i'm going back to 2.2.1

At least for a week .......
    Follow me on Twitter ... http://www.twitter.com/iTooCrzy

Smack That Thanks Button .........
    2009-05-21 01:40 AM
    How do you know it is a no go for today? If it is true it means another week with buggy beta 5.
    Its because last couple of times I was right, because my friend that works in Apple told me! I believe him. The only thing he was wrong is because when the beta 4 came out apple was going to leave it that way, but they got a call from AT&T over a law suit because of the MMS and so they came out with a day later the beta 5 try to get rid of that, but as you also know. Hacks rule the world. Not thoses nerdy apple engineers. So I believe him. But you never know. It could come out but I don't think so!

If no beta 6 tonight, i'm going back to 2.2.1

At least for a week .......
    I would turn back if I was you, but I am not you and I would hold my horses on that! You never know I could have bad info from my friend but I could be right, so I think we should start working on other fixes meantime!!!
    Last edited by grmiller; 2009-05-21 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Jailbreak the Planet!
    2009-05-21 01:42 AM
    If beta 6 isn't coming out for another week, then they should release the patch. I can't think of a good reason to deprive everyone of the benefits for another week.
    2009-05-21 01:47 AM
    If beta 6 isn't coming out for another week, then they should release the patch. I can't think of a good reason to deprive everyone of the benefits for another week.
    Yes, but the patch would not help you a lot with the beta 5 having a lot of errors and stuff!
    Jailbreak the Planet!
    2009-05-21 01:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD