User Tag List

^ @posixninja That is the perfect response.

We just need to give the devs sometime to get their apps ready.
    2009-05-24 08:40 PM
    Anyone get MMS to work on o2 in the UK on b5, ive tried & tried & tried, i just cant get it to work.

kiwiPhone

If I helped, don't forget to click thanks
    2009-05-24 09:19 PM
    Damn people... I've barely read any of the last 30 pages of this thread because it's pretty much full of infantile bullsh!t. It's sad to see that this is the demographic of the MMi community.

Instead of complaining, why don't you invest your time in learning something constructive. Possibly a language like Objective C, with a mix of the Cocoa libraries. Then you MIGHT be able contribute something positive to this community instead of the mindless drivel which seems to effortlessly flow from your mouths.

Luckily (and sadly), I had rolled back to 2.2 just a day prior to the b5 release. Largely due to not being able to background Pandora. The simulator works well enough to test my code for now, and i'm very happy to see that a fully functional kernel will be available in the next beta.

I just want to give a huge THANKS to all of you which have engineered the keys/vi and all contributions to our scene. As always the script kiddies will drag us down, but persevere for they know not what they do..

:cheers:
    2009-05-24 09:40 PM
    I haven't had time lately to mess with them. I would like to focus on them soon
    I can't wait to get spotlight to search Categories' folders, I'm sick of having every app on the homescreen. Is there anything I can do to help you get it to work?
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

2009-05-24 09:58 PM
    ^ Agreed.. That will be a great feature.
    2009-05-24 10:03 PM
    I'm SO loving all the reference to the "cyberslap" I wonder if I could get my user title chagned to "the original cyberspaper"
    2009-05-24 11:24 PM
    I want beta 6 already !
    As do I Hopefully with the length it is taking to release, I hope there will be a lot of additions or improvements from 5
    2009-05-25 03:09 AM
    I guess we will see on Tuesday. Hopefully we will see some new feature
    2009-05-25 03:14 AM
    ^ yes hopefully so I am in-patiently waiting the best I can
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. -- Jackie Mason
    2009-05-25 03:25 AM
    Has anyone else had a problem with installd and Beta 5? I tried using the one in the OP that's designed for Beta 5, and whenever I try to sync with iTunes, I get an error message saying the following apps were not synced...
    2009-05-25 03:29 AM
    I guess we will see on Tuesday. Hopefully we will see some new feature
    Come on, Stealth. We all know you already have it!
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

2009-05-25 03:29 AM
    ^ well, maybe
    2009-05-25 03:31 AM
    ^ well, maybe
    You're going to hit me up with a copy, right?

2009-05-25 03:34 AM
    did anyone else got a popup when turning on tether " you tethering, please contact at&t"?i just kinda ignored it and just kept tethering. i hope they aren't gonna charge me for it...
    2009-05-25 04:07 AM
    Has anyone else had a problem with installd and Beta 5? I tried using the one in the OP that's designed for Beta 5, and whenever I try to sync with iTunes, I get an error message saying the following apps were not synced...
    Did you chmod 755 it after you replaced the original?
    2009-05-25 04:44 AM
    Does anyone know why the icons are either disappearing or switched with the wrongs in Iphone 3.0 beta 5? is there a way to fix it (other than waiting for beta 6
    2009-05-25 05:30 AM
    Did you chmod 755 it after you replaced the original?
    Sure did. I froze my phone the first time I forgot to modify the permissions and I had to reformat it haha. I've learned from my mistake the first time...

Edit: Do I need to be running the 2nd beta version of iTunes for these apps to sync? I'm currently running the beta, but not the 2nd one...
    Last edited by cpenner; 2009-05-25 at 06:00 AM.
    2009-05-25 05:55 AM
    Truth is I am not sure. A lot of stuff went down after the last thread war and some people dropped out of the jailbreaking scene. There are two patches out there, one created by the great posixninja and one created by pb. I need to talk to them to find out where we are on it. I would like to include it in the beta 6 jailbreak.
    planetbeing >= posixninja
    2009-05-25 06:00 AM
    I reported that Beta 5 ran PdaNet days ago but it didn't get added to the OP. Just doin' my duty again.
    I will add it now! Thanks
    There's a button for that! (J/K)

Anyway, perhaps you could add "('Tethers' WiFi too)" so that it will make sense. Most people will think that it's pointless with the built-in tethering, which only shares cellular data even when it has a WiFi connection.
    2009-05-25 06:00 AM
    Sure did. I froze my phone the first time I forgot to modify the permissions and I had to reformat it haha. I've learned from my mistake the first time...

Edit: Do I need to be running the 2nd beta version of iTunes for these apps to sync? I'm currently running the beta, but not the 2nd one...
    No you don't need to run any specific version of Itunes, I'm still using the first beta.

You should just have to replace the original and chmod 755 on the new file. I restarted my phone afterwards although I'm not sure if it's needed.
    2009-05-25 06:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD