I finished my chat with AT&T about MMS. Here is the transcript:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t/45539...ml#post3800931

I got no where
    2009-04-05 04:42 AM
    Nice chat Stealth..the end was classy

3<===3

My MMS is still working. Although I feel it wont be at some point tomorrow.

3<===========3

hilarious...
    Last edited by captjap; 2009-04-05 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-04-05 05:04 AM
    Nice chat Stealth..the end was classy

3<===3

My MMS is still working. Although I feel it wont be at some point tomorrow.

3<===========3

hilarious...
    I thought it was very professional.

OK FINALLY GOT MMS WORKING! DON'T KNOW HOW LONG IT WILL LAST BUT WILL KEEP YOU ALL POSTED!

To get MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on your 3.0 iphone. This method will allow you to keep your visual voicemail working.

1. Download the ATT_US.ipcc carrier settings bundle

2. Shift + Check for Update and install ATT_US.ipcc

3. Reset phone. Tethering should be working now

4. You will need an old AT&T/Cingular GSM phone that is medianet compatible.

5. Take the sim out of your iphone and put it into your old phone

6. Make a few phone calls and wait 5-10 minutes.

7. After that click on the following link to Medianet Home page: My MEdia Net

8. Enter your mobile number in the boxes. It may tell you that your phone is not supported, so wait longer. Eventually it will take your number and ask for a four digit code.

9. The four digit code will be texted to your phone. Enter the code and you will be registered with MediaNet.

10. Now try to go to media net online on your phone. If you are able to do that then send a MMS. This can take awhile. Mine took 15 minutes before it stopped telling me forbidden.

11. Pop your sim back into your iphone and you should be using MMS!

Last edited by StealthBravo; 2009-04-05 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-04-05 06:43 AM
    I thought it was very professional.

OK FINALLY GOT MMS WORKING! DON'T KNOW HOW LONG IT WILL LAST BUT WILL KEEP YOU ALL POSTED!

To get MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on your 3.0 iphone. This method will allow you to keep your visual voicemail working.

1. Download the ATT_US.ipcc carrier settings bundle

2. Shift + Check for Update and install ATT_US.ipcc

3. Reset phone. Tethering should be working now

4. You will need an old AT&T/Cingular GSM phone that is medianet compatible.

5. Take the sim out of your iphone and put it into your old phone

6. Make a few phone calls and wait 5-10 minutes.

7. After that click on the following link to Medianet Home page: My MEdia Net

8. Enter your mobile number in the boxes. It may tell you that your phone is not supported, so wait longer. Eventually it will take your number and ask for a four digit code.

9. The four digit code will be texted to your phone. Enter the code and you will be registered with MediaNet.

10. Now try to go to media net online on your phone. If you are able to do that then send a MMS. This can take awhile. Mine took 15 minutes before it stopped telling me forbidden.

11. Pop your sim back into your iphone and you should be using MMS!

This is may not stick. I tired this method too. It will last you about an hour or so. Well I hope it last forever same with mine.
    2009-04-05 07:22 AM
    We will see. A couple of guys have been going a few weeks like this.
    2009-04-05 07:24 AM
    What is the icon in the status bar to the right of bluetooth in that screen shot? ^
    2009-04-05 07:40 AM
    What is the icon in the status bar to the right of bluetooth in that screen shot? ^
    i remember reading that with the official apple bluetooth, your iphone will show how much of a charge your headset has left....so maybe thats it.
    2009-04-05 08:14 AM
    Hi all,

thanks a lot for the help. I can confirm all worked fine for me with macbook and bootcamp xp.
    Can somebodz give me an advise, i updated from 2.2.1 jailbreaked and had hided with sbs some icons, now i can not see them on the springboard and i have no tool to change it back. I would like to find a possibility make it with an other tool or by ssh? Anyone an idea?

Greetings Timo
    2009-04-05 10:39 AM
    I can send mms via swirlymms but I'm not getting them I'm using a 2G
    2009-04-05 01:27 PM
    Could you please update movistar_ES.ipcc or something like that? The carrier name is movistar.

Could you please update the movistar .ipcc tethering file too, please?

Thank youuu, lol my bosstool says i have 0 mb free in the 500Mb partition but if I install something from Icy it gets installed no problem.
    2009-04-05 01:44 PM
    i installed the ATT carrier update as soon as it was released and i have had my MMS working non-stop since like the 2nd day of beta1 and it has never stopped working.

strange how different things work for different people
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"
    2009-04-05 03:21 PM
    i had to restore yet again...camera app crashed my phone re sprung and it would not restart....

going to give it another go..its just a pain in the butter

Hi all,

thanks a lot for the help. I can confirm all worked fine for me with macbook and bootcamp xp.
    Can somebodz give me an advise, i updated from 2.2.1 jailbreaked and had hided with sbs some icons, now i can not see them on the springboard and i have no tool to change it back. I would like to find a possibility make it with an other tool or by ssh? Anyone an idea?

Greetings Timo
    try enable restriction then disable them.that has worked for me in the past..
    Last edited by mr.sparky; 2009-04-05 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy
    2009-04-05 03:30 PM
    Hi all,

Greetings Timo
    You can also install poof to unhide them or try enable and disable restrictions.

I can send mms via swirlymms but I'm not getting them I'm using a 2G
    I don't know much about swirly mms, but the settings are supposed to be this:

MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032

leave apn, username, and password fields blank

If this isnt what you have write down your old settings before you change.

Could you please update movistar_ES.ipcc or something like that? The carrier name is movistar.

Could you please update the movistar .ipcc tethering file too, please?

Thank youuu, lol my bosstool says i have 0 mb free in the 500Mb partition but if I install something from Icy it gets installed no problem.
    does it say 0 mb free in sysinfo plus? If so you need to relocate your fonts to get some breathing room. check out the main post for a guide

i installed the ATT carrier update as soon as it was released and i have had my MMS working non-stop since like the 2nd day of beta1 and it has never stopped working.

strange how different things work for different people
    No kidding fletch, some people have tough time getting mms going, some have trouble running 3.0, some have trouble upgrading icy. As people fix their problems hopefully they will post so everyone can have an easier time with 3.0.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2009-04-05 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-04-05 04:40 PM
    For those who want to SSH in to their phone and have a shell you can do this from a linux, OSX or cygwin BASH terminal:

Code:
    ssh [email protected] -i
    This gives you an interactive console using your local BASH
    What you mean was

Code:
    ssh [email protected] "bash -i"
    2009-04-05 05:22 PM
    So I restored to 3.0b2. I installed cydia. I relocated with bosstool. I Installed poof and it works fine. I insttalled about 50 AppStore apps via iTunes and they installed fine. I updated icy. Now when I go to the recent changes tab, icy crashes. When I launch poof, it crashes.
    2009-04-05 06:23 PM
    did they ever work after the bosstool relocate? What did you do prior to it not working?
    2009-04-05 06:38 PM
    ive moved fonts and ringtones with bosstools, got the non working cydia, i got tonefx working, dtunes etc, but 5 column springboard wont work! i read it does. whe i touch the icon the phone resprings and its still 4 rows

actually tonefx doesnt seem to work when i change lock and unlock sounds, its still the click sound
    Last edited by grassho; 2009-04-05 at 07:47 PM.
    2009-04-05 06:52 PM
    New icy update! 1.1.1
    2009-04-05 08:09 PM
    have u tried 5 column springboard stealth? or tonefx
    2009-04-05 08:13 PM
    3.0 Beta 2 On Developer Activated

Few notes.

I used virtual machine to jailbreak to 3.0 beta 2
    "just don't forget to kill iTunes Helper using Activity Monitor and use a powered usb hub if you are on 10.5.6 or higher. .net framework 3.5 and service pack 3"
    To use BossTools correctly you need to install Cor Utilities and Cydia.
    Or Just install CyDelete witch will install most stuff needed along side Cydia.
    Cydia does not work no matter what i have tried.
    SSH works fine SHEL
    iMac:~ iMac$ ssh [email protected]
    [email protected]'s password:
    dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _login
    Referenced from: /usr/sbin/sshd
    Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: _login
    Referenced from: /usr/sbin/sshd
    Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Connection to 10.0.1.5 closed by remote host.
    Connection to 10.0.1.5 closed.
    no luck

Working Apps
    Lock Calendar
    Lick Clock
    Weather Icon
    Status Notifier "just the setting app crashes"
    KeyVib
    iFile
    Respring
    Poof
    MakeItMine
    Freemoji by Erica
    BossTool

Apps that you should stay away until we see updates
    Winterboard
    SBSettings
    QuickSMS
    MobileFinder
    MobileTerminal
    BossPrefs

i will edit as soon as i have more info on whats working and whats not.
    2009-04-05 08:18 PM
9,277 ... 1422232425263474124 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD