reset network settings and then try you tube
    2009-04-06 08:43 AM
    didnt work. I might just restore and jailbreak again.
    2009-04-06 08:59 AM
    I tried to do this, got the build 2 3.0, and it wont recognize my phone in recovery mode

Im a mac user, so im updating to the 3.0 on my mac, and then boot camp to windows 7 to use the new version on quick pwn. i get all the way to the end where it says please wait for quickpwn to recognize your phone in recovery mode or what ever it says, it just does nothing. And if I try to do the steps, the 5 sec home, then 10 home and sleep, then 3 just on the home it still doesnt do anything

Help?

-Brandon
    2009-04-06 10:10 AM
    ... everybody is waiting for winterboard ...
    Last edited by paxpacis; 2009-04-07 at 08:31 AM.
    2009-04-06 10:54 AM
    you have to uncheck activate when you run quickpwn its been stated throughout this thread.
    yes but when you dont click activate it goes to the silde for emergency screen
    ive tryed it over and over again
    2009-04-06 11:52 AM
    Whenever you downgrade to 2.2.1 do you have to use Apple's firmware or can you use the custom firmware to jailbreak after?
    2009-04-06 01:57 PM
    I would try apples firmware then the custom one after I did a full restore

yes but when you dont click activate it goes to the silde for emergency screen
    ive tryed it over and over again

GO TO THE FIRST POST AND READ IT!!!!!!!

It will tell you what you need to do so you can change the firmware ID.....
    Last edited by mr.sparky; 2009-04-06 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy
    2009-04-06 02:08 PM
    Hi Guys

I Have managed to get MMS and Tethering working on my Iphone 3.0 Beta 2, Its very simple just download the IPCC file for your carrier from the apple website an edit it using plist editor for windows:

Its quite simple I can upload the original IPCC file for Vodafone India and also the update ones so that you guys can compare and then all you have to do is call ur customer service and take down the following info

MMS APN:
    MMS Proxy Site (address or ip)
    MMS Proxy Port
    MMSC (MultiMedia Service Center ) Address

then do the changes in my vodafone ipcc file or if u manage to download the IPCC for your carrie then do it in that.

Detailed instructions are below and incase you dont understand then all you have to do is compare my orginal IPCC file with the Modified One (after downloading the unzip the file)

GUIDE

Navigate to the “~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Carrier Support” folder on your Mac.

4. Make a back up copy of the IPCC file, then rename it as a ZIP document.

5. Unpack the ZIP into a directly named Payload, where you will edit the info, version and carrier PLIST files
    — The first two files only require changing the CFBundleVersion variable to 5.0
    — The carrier file however requires adding a new dictionary to the apns array, with “apn = internet,” “password = password” and “username = iphone” as variables
    — The wap dictionary demands a new pair, entered as “type-mask = (NUMBER) -2,” and users may also want to enter a new pair in the top-level dictionary as “AllowEDGEEditing = (BOOLEAN) YES.”

6. ZIP the payload folder and rename it to its original title (IPCC),

7. Sync the iPhone with iTunes and check for an update, which will allow you to pick the custom IPCC file you just created. After a reboot, tethering should appear as an option in an iPhone’s Network settings. Tethering is said to be non-functional for 2G (EDGE) iPhones.

after roobooting go to setting/general/network/Cellular data network and then to surf the net type in the APN for your data plan and to send a MMS type in the APN for MMS (note the only glitch is with the dataplan APN u cannot send MMS and with the MMS APN you cannot surf the net)

enjoy

NOTE: Please remove the (Original) and (Modified) from the names of the files that you download........
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cairodustus; 2009-04-06 at 03:05 PM.
    2009-04-06 02:53 PM
    Hi Just rememeber my IPCC files for Vodafone India is only for you to play with , FOR IT TO WORK ON YOUR PHONE YOU WILL NEED THE ORIGINAL IPCC FILE FOR YOUR CARRIER AND MODFIY THAT BASED ON THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN AND ONLY THEN UPDATE YOUR PHONE WITH IT
    2009-04-06 02:57 PM
    ^+1

Ok the .artwork layouts have changed since 2.2. Current .artwork editors will not allow me to unpack them to allow for editing. Keyboard artworks made for other firmwares will not work at all. I am messing with the SDK right now
    anything you can do is ok! i was use to that keyboard and i missing it... thank you very much for take some or your time to help me with that!!!

Ok my findings for the themeing yourself:

Main springboard theme file locations.
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

Most apps work with a icon.png file, so you have to upload your icon and rename it to icon.png. (respring/reboot to show the new icon)

Download apps from the store:
    /User/Applications

Default applications
    /Applications

My current problems:
    - Balloon_1 and 2 for the SMS applications
    - Ipod icon, tryed icon.png icon-AudioPlayer.png did not work.

- Shazam is overlaying a matte layer, renamed layer_mat.png but that did not solved my problem.
    Found the solution, you have to put this in the Info.plist in the shazam.app dir.
    <key>UIPrerenderedIcon</key>
    <true/>

- Can not find an app to respring.
    Update in icy today for respring 2.x.x and it works nice..
    Ipod icon you need to change MediaPlayer that's the one to change on your Springboard... i'll check the ballons if i find how to changr it i let you know...

I just saw and upgrade on ICY for open SSH, i upgrade and now i can't SSH into my iphone!!!! anyone have this problem too???
    Last edited by monchy36; 2009-04-06 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-04-06 03:57 PM
    Getting mms working for other carriers than USA AT&T is easy. The above instructions have already done to the ipcc i posted.
    2009-04-06 04:49 PM
    Woo! ssh is now fully functional!

This morning I check icy for updates, and a new version of openssh was there. I installed and rebooted and I can now ssh like normal.
    2009-04-06 04:52 PM
    My SSH works now but i got no internet??? everytime i try it said "EDGE_FAILURE_FORMAT" ant ideas how to fix this?
    2009-04-06 05:26 PM
    Getting mms working for other carriers than USA AT&T is easy. The above instructions have already done to the ipcc i posted.

Any idea how to get it to work on a 2G for AT&T?
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy
    2009-04-06 05:31 PM
    The new SSH works great with coreutils installed.
    2009-04-06 06:00 PM
    Jay (saurik) is updating all his apps for 3.0!
    2009-04-06 06:30 PM
    jay (saurik) is updating all his apps for 3.0!
    rock solid......

Eta?
    Steroids are yummy
    2009-04-06 06:33 PM
    Soon very soon. He is going to get cydia going first. Then you will see updates there.
    2009-04-06 06:40 PM
    Soon

Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2009 11:41 AM
    Subject: Re: OS 3.0

Please just have some more patience, I am going to have the entire Cydia stack working on 3.x in the very very near future. -J
    2009-04-06 06:41 PM
    Hi Guys

I Have managed to get MMS and Tethering working on my Iphone 3.0 Beta 2, Its very simple just download the IPCC file for your carrier from the apple website an edit it using plist editor for windows:

Its quite simple I can upload the original IPCC file for Vodafone India and also the update ones so that you guys can compare and then all you have to do is call ur customer service and take down the following info

MMS APN:
    MMS Proxy Site (address or ip)
    MMS Proxy Port
    MMSC (MultiMedia Service Center ) Address

then do the changes in my vodafone ipcc file or if u manage to download the IPCC for your carrie then do it in that.

Detailed instructions are below and incase you dont understand then all you have to do is compare my orginal IPCC file with the Modified One (after downloading the unzip the file)

GUIDE

Navigate to the “~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Carrier Support” folder on your Mac.

4. Make a back up copy of the IPCC file, then rename it as a ZIP document.

5. Unpack the ZIP into a directly named Payload, where you will edit the info, version and carrier PLIST files
    — The first two files only require changing the CFBundleVersion variable to 5.0
    — The carrier file however requires adding a new dictionary to the apns array, with “apn = internet,” “password = password” and “username = iphone” as variables
    — The wap dictionary demands a new pair, entered as “type-mask = (NUMBER) -2,” and users may also want to enter a new pair in the top-level dictionary as “AllowEDGEEditing = (BOOLEAN) YES.”

6. ZIP the payload folder and rename it to its original title (IPCC),

7. Sync the iPhone with iTunes and check for an update, which will allow you to pick the custom IPCC file you just created. After a reboot, tethering should appear as an option in an iPhone’s Network settings. Tethering is said to be non-functional for 2G (EDGE) iPhones.

after roobooting go to setting/general/network/Cellular data network and then to surf the net type in the APN for your data plan and to send a MMS type in the APN for MMS (note the only glitch is with the dataplan APN u cannot send MMS and with the MMS APN you cannot surf the net)

enjoy

NOTE: Please remove the (Original) and (Modified) from the names of the files that you download........

Can you do the same for Vodafone greece??

Thanks
    2009-04-06 06:43 PM
9,277 ... 1725262728293777127 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD