have you tried changing your keyboard at all with winterboard?
    2009-06-20 04:23 AM
    Hello everyone. Does any one know if the PYSL will work with the new firmeware?
    2009-06-20 04:35 AM
    At least you 3Gers have a jailbreak. Us poor unfotunates with 3GS may never get one. You should really feel sorry for us. If you had a compass you could use it to find your mother's skirt to cry under.
    2009-06-20 04:40 AM
    At least you 3Gers have a jailbreak. Us poor unfotunates with 3GS may never get one. You should really feel sorry for us. If you had a compass you could use it to find your mother's skirt to cry under.
    Haha this guy who are you talking to?.. You must be real upset that your new iphone might not be jailbroken..
    2009-06-20 04:43 AM
    devastated
    2009-06-20 04:49 AM
    have you tried changing your keyboard at all with winterboard?

thats the only thing that has not been working... doens't apply keyboard... apple probably changed something

springjumps work too!!!! using the topmenu theme but since we don't have five icon springboard i have to modify the theme a bit
    Last edited by Gom33; 2009-06-20 at 05:03 AM. Reason: s
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!
    2009-06-20 05:02 AM
    K.....almost DL the custom IPSW. However it I assumed it was for AT&T. Does it matter?? Should it still work as long as I put the phone into DFU mode?? The DL was from a link pages ago, not two ZIP files I had been sent (Thanks for those anyway).
    2009-06-20 05:06 AM
    Could someone plz PM me the custom FW link?

thnx heaps
    2009-06-20 05:06 AM
    if you need the firmware pm me... i have it only for 3G both unactivated and activated
    2009-06-20 05:14 AM
    Nevermind.....Someone sent me DMG files.....I am on a PC!!! I had mentioned that. My fault for not using or trying the ZIP files : ( Seems like someone is telling me to be patient (HAHA) and wait till I have my Macbook on Monday.

I need the custom IPSW for 3G AT&T........PM me please (no ZIP files, just the IPSW file itself would be appreciated)....
    Last edited by griff1211; 2009-06-20 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Want custom IPSW file for 3G AT&T (not ZIP file for Mac)
    2009-06-20 05:15 AM
    Ok so I figured out how to get it to work... still testing the functionality but it appears to be working.
    First I restored to the gold release... not sure if you have to do that.
    Second. I jailbroke it with quickpwn using the beta five ipsw. Which will give you the pink screen of death.
    Last I installed the custom firmware. Now it seems to be working. Will provide a further update if I find something wrong.
    2009-06-20 05:26 AM
    do not jailbreak the gm release with beta 5 quickpwn... it has already been said that it will mess things up...

pm me if you want the custom firmware for att... i am on att iphone 3g... both me and my wifes are jailbroken with this custom firmware
    2009-06-20 05:36 AM
    do not jailbreak the gm release with beta 5 quickpwn... it has already been said that it will mess things up...

pm me if you want the custom firmware for att... i am on att iphone 3g... both me and my wifes are jailbroken with this custom firmware
    Some of us are unable to JB 3.0 with the modified firmwares, maybe it's a vista thing, I've been hacking away for 8 hours now, and itunes has been shutting me down with 1600 error (in DFU) and 1604 (with restore mode), i've tried 6 different ipsw files, probably including the one you used, and no dice. I even tried downgrading to 2.2, and couldn't even get that in there.

The point he's making is to get the pink screen allowed him to actually upload the jailbreak to his phone (and mine too, preliminarily) only as an intermediate step.

I'll let you know how it goes, but looks good so far, farther than any other more obvious method...
    gomi no sensei means "master of junk" roughly translated from japanese, ripped off from "The Winter Market" by William Gibson
    2009-06-20 05:50 AM
    i forgot to mention, i upgraded from 2.2.1 jailbroken wth quickpwn, i dont know if that will make a differnece with errors and such...

i remember a while back when trying to use a custom firmware on my friends iphone that was never jailbroken... it did not work... so i had to use quickpwn instead...

if you are upgrading from 2.2.1 i would say make sure you are jailbroken first... then use a custom firmware to upgrade to 3.0

Some of us are unable to JB 3.0 with the modified firmwares, maybe it's a vista thing, I've been hacking away for 8 hours now, and itunes has been shutting me down with 1600 error (in DFU) and 1604 (with restore mode), i've tried 6 different ipsw files, probably including the one you used, and no dice. I even tried downgrading to 2.2, and couldn't even get that in there.

The point he's making is to get the pink screen allowed him to actually upload the jailbreak to his phone (and mine too, preliminarily) only as an intermediate step.

I'll let you know how it goes, but looks good so far, farther than any other more obvious method...
    oh okay... when you tried to downgrade your iphone to 2.2.1 did you make sure you were in DFU mode? make sure you are in DFU mode... i say try it that way first, downgrade to 2.2.1, jailbreak 2.2.1 and then restore with 3.0 custom firmware... might as well try that out right now so you don't have to do it all over agian the "right" way... yu know what im saying???

maybe you cant downgrade with final release of itunes?? try to use the prerelease version first?
    Last edited by Gom33; 2009-06-20 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-20 05:54 AM
    I dl torrent below. I was @ 3.0 beta 5 with jailbroken and the works including dev account thru SB. Then updated to this. (Shift + update for windows). Things I have found out:
    1. Winterboard works flawless with additional features.
    2. Battery hacked posted prior by SB works for %.
    3. Ippc loading works fine if used with SB command line method in Windows vista 32X and itunes 8.2.0.23, but you might notice MMS paremeters missing on this final 3.0 release, i did, but cell dta and visual voicemail still populate on T-mobile.
    4. installd .ipa hack still works flawless in new itunes 8.2.0.23 same as Beta 5 to the tee.
    5. Boss Tool 2.0 works great but might have a glitch and always show u can move fonts, mine did no matter how may restores from stractch. FYI
    6. Enjoy and if I posted something improper admins I apoligize, to the rest enjoy the info....
    If I helped press THANKS!!!!!

See Below
    h t t p : / / w w w .m i n i n o va.org/tor/2700484

*remove spaces-FYI
    2009-06-20 06:03 AM
    oh okay... when you tried to downgrade your iphone to 2.2.1 did you make sure you were in DFU mode? make sure you are in DFU mode... i say try it that way first, downgrade to 2.2.1, jailbreak 2.2.1 and then restore with 3.0 custom firmware... might as well try that out right now so you don't have to do it all over agian the "right" way... yu know what im saying???

maybe you cant downgrade with final release of itunes?? try to use the prerelease version first?
    I tried every step first in DFU, then in recovery mode, then in DFU again, then while switching the mobile device service on and off (almost got it working a few times)

But now, everything seems to be running well on my jailbroken 3.0 Iphone...

not sure it was worth 9 hours of hacking to come to a half-assed wtf solution, but here i am nevertheless
    gomi no sensei means "master of junk" roughly translated from japanese, ripped off from "The Winter Market" by William Gibson
    2009-06-20 06:08 AM
    i have an iphone 3g with 3.0 on it
    i made a .ipsw and left the activate checked now it says no service.

im making another one with the without the check hope it works

i have AT&T so what is going wrong or what should i do?
    2009-06-20 06:09 AM
    anyone have problems with there sms??

I cant delete or get any new sms....

when i try to send the program quits....
    2009-06-20 06:12 AM
    Hey everyone...

So my iPhone 2G came unlocked and jailbroken so I'm not really sure what method was used to get it that way. If I want to preserve the unlock (I'm with Rogers in Canada, no iPhone data plan), what would be the best way to upgrade to 3.0 jb? I think I'd have to use some kind of custom firmware, but I'm not sure what it would need to have specifically
    2009-06-20 06:13 AM
    ok, so.. im still not seeing a solution to the 1600 error.. or am i just overlooking it? i've tried multiple times on both my iMac and my PC.. keep getting the same error (1600) when option/shift + restore from DFU mode.. anyone?!
    iPhone 3G OS 3.1.3
    iPhone 3G(S) OS 3.1.3
    iMac Snow Leopard 10.6.3
    2009-06-20 06:14 AM
9,277 ... 328378418426427428429430438 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD