itunes synced and installed your app store apps and now they crash right away?
    yessir
    2009-04-18 09:10 AM
    that sounds like when I was jailbreaking beta 3 with beta 2 firmware.
    2009-04-18 09:14 AM
    that sounds like when I was jailbreaking beta 3 with beta 2 firmware.

crap. i knew i should gone to sleep.
    i restored to beta 2 earlier on accident. so thats probably the culprit
    Last edited by SBik2; 2009-04-18 at 09:21 AM.
    2009-04-18 09:16 AM
    Yea that sounds right.

Don't you hate when you decide to try one last thing before you go to bed and boom! Spinning wheel of death! Then you spend the next couple hours restoring your phone, wishing you had just blown it off til tomorrow.

Have a good night!
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2009-04-18 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-04-18 09:30 AM
    I need some help getting the jailbreak to work. OS 3.0 Beta 3 is working fine before I do anything after jailbreaking. Once I go into Icy or open Winterboard, the phone can not be turned off. Once it's turned off, the Apple logo stays on the screen when you turn it back on. It hangs, and it will eventually reboot and try to start. This is after I ran QuickPwn again thinking that overwriting it would help. I'll just go back and reinstall the OS via iTunes : (

I know people said that Winterboard didn't work. But I couldn't install any of the themes, ringtones, etc that I DL'd from Icy. I installed Mobile Substitue b/c I thought that was an issue. Now it seems I have to reinstall the OS and hope that gets it back to the way it was.

Any insight or thoughts????? I can wait for the final version of OS and probably should have. I enjoyed my backgrounds, Family Guy theme, etc. Copy/Paste, landscape mode in text, mail, contacts, etc is wonderful. But I enjoy being able to accessorize my phone and make it my own.
    Last edited by griff1211; 2009-04-18 at 10:46 AM.
    2009-04-18 10:44 AM
    what size iphones do you all have and how long are we talking here? 10 minutes?
    8gb iphone, and yea, it takes about 10min.

It doesn't seem to give any info on what it's syncing, besides the "syncing" status. It installs my apps, contacts, and backs it up, than there is there long session of syncing.
    2009-04-18 10:51 AM
    Guys i still cannot input my GPRS setting...coz there no text box in my Cellular data network (APN, User Name and Password)..how do i fix it? i can't browsing internet..(Beta 3 here)

just found to add GPRS setting using iPhone Configuration Utilities..Hmm..
    http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/enterprise/
    Last edited by lesjaw; 2009-04-18 at 01:46 PM.
    2009-04-18 12:19 PM
    Yea that sounds right.

Don't you hate when you decide to try one last thing before you go to bed and boom! Spinning wheel of death! Then you spend the next couple hours restoring your phone, wishing you had just blown it off til tomorrow.

Have a good night!
    dont even get me started...

i ended up restoring my phone yet again last night!

I was up till 2am cause i had to have it for today

*Just cant leave well enough alone!*

I need some help getting the jailbreak to work. OS 3.0 Beta 3 is working fine before I do anything after jailbreaking. Once I go into Icy or open Winterboard, the phone can not be turned off. Once it's turned off, the Apple logo stays on the screen when you turn it back on. It hangs, and it will eventually reboot and try to start. This is after I ran QuickPwn again thinking that overwriting it would help. I'll just go back and reinstall the OS via iTunes : (

I know people said that Winterboard didn't work. But I couldn't install any of the themes, ringtones, etc that I DL'd from Icy. I installed Mobile Substitue b/c I thought that was an issue. Now it seems I have to reinstall the OS and hope that gets it back to the way it was.

Any insight or thoughts????? I can wait for the final version of OS and probably should have. I enjoyed my backgrounds, Family Guy theme, etc. Copy/Paste, landscape mode in text, mail, contacts, etc is wonderful. But I enjoy being able to accessorize my phone and make it my own.

I had the same problem

The easiest way for it to work is *DO NOT INSTALL WINTERBOARD*

Some apps from icy are going to mess up the phone if you install them.

There should be a list of apps on the first page of apps that work and ones that dont.

If its not listed then D/L and Install at your own risk. I know it sux but there is just no way to customize the phone right now.
    Last edited by xfsasx; 2009-04-18 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-04-18 01:49 PM
    Yea that sounds right.

Have a good night!
    I hate that when that happens, worst feeling

Mine seems to sync at the same rate as it always had.

btw I got ifunbox and diskaid working. Check the main posts for update.
    Worked like a charm, thanks given mate!
    Last edited by nickh; 2009-04-18 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |
    2009-04-18 02:11 PM
    8gb iphone, and yea, it takes about 10min.

It doesn't seem to give any info on what it's syncing, besides the "syncing" status. It installs my apps, contacts, and backs it up, than there is there long session of syncing.
    Same thing here. Don't know why. Not really a big deal.
    But kinda aggravating .......
    2009-04-18 05:07 PM
    ohka guys i found out the what makes some peoples cellular network data screen in settings crashes when you try to access it.

i think its for the people who instead of restoring to beta 3, used option+update to do it. i dont know exactly what that does wrong. but i think it might have something to do if you updated your carrier settings. i dont know

well now im restoring my phone again.

edit:: nevermind. i restore and didnt use a backup and it still wont work for me.. any help because the steps given in previous pages wont work
    Last edited by SBik2; 2009-04-18 at 06:15 PM.
    2009-04-18 05:35 PM
    Help! I put categories in a folder when I was using 2.x firmware. Went to 3.0 b3 and now i can't see the folders or cydia or categories to fix it. What do I do?

Thanks!
    2009-04-18 05:47 PM
    ^in settings, enable restrictions and then disable them! Then you will be able to see them
    2009-04-18 06:01 PM
    Guys i still cannot input my GPRS setting...coz there no text box in my Cellular data network (APN, User Name and Password)..how do i fix it? i can't browsing internet..(Beta 3 here)

just found to add GPRS setting using iPhone Configuration Utilities..Hmm..
    Apple - Support - iPhone - Enterprise
    Had the same problem then I went to

Carrier Bundle Generator iPhone FW 2.2.1 & PwnageTool 2.2.5 / Quickpwn 2.2.5

upload the settings my Edge still doesnt work but now it crashes..
    2009-04-18 06:02 PM
    ^in settings, enable restrictions and then disable them! Then you will be able to see them
    Settings was in a folder too!
    2009-04-18 06:20 PM
    Did you reinstall catagories?
    2009-04-18 06:35 PM
    Had the same problem then I went to

Carrier Bundle Generator iPhone FW 2.2.1 & PwnageTool 2.2.5 / Quickpwn 2.2.5

upload the settings my Edge still doesnt work but now it crashes..
    Use this url from you iphone. It works

APN Changer

Press continue, then custom APN, create custom apn then Install
    Last edited by ggolow; 2009-04-18 at 06:59 PM.
    2009-04-18 06:57 PM
    I'll theme my 3.0 one way or the other !!
    Here's my LockScreen, OH YEAH ...........

2009-04-18 07:08 PM
    Can you SSH into your phone? Do you have access to icy?

U can delete ur springboard.plist and reboot
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2009-04-18 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-04-18 07:19 PM
    Did you reinstall catagories?
    tried installing both cydia and categories from ice thinking they might come back on springboard but no go. If I couldn't possibly b the first one in this situation am I?
    2009-04-18 07:24 PM
9,277 ... 1656646566676876116166 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD