Are you on a mac?
    Yeah. It's werid. The one for beta 2 showed up as the Ipcc. This one dosent.
    2009-04-23 12:33 AM
    sometimes osx will auto unpack it. Right click on the payload folder and click compress. Then right click on payload.zip and click get info. Under name and extensions erase payload.zip and enter ATT_US.ipcc. I will ask you if you want to use ipcc or zip click on ipcc. Then in itunes option click on update and select your ipcc
    2009-04-23 12:46 AM
    I haven't messed with the ipcc yet, so no I can't tether. Im more just wondering if the 2g has the capability to tether or use mms...
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08
    2009-04-23 12:51 AM
    sometimes osx will auto unpack it. Right click on the payload folder and click compress. Then right click on payload.zip and click get info. Under name and extensions erase payload.zip and enter ATT_US.ipcc. I will ask you if you want to use ipcc or zip click on ipcc. Then in itunes option click on update and select your ipcc
    That did it! Thanks man u rock!!!!
    2009-04-23 01:14 AM
    That did it! Thanks man u rock!!!!
    No worries, I had the same problem when I first did it.
    2009-04-23 01:26 AM
    Just wanted to say that I got MMS working on my 3g. Did the ol'switcharoo trick with my blackjack and voila! it worked. Probably only for a few hours but at least I know I can get it to work
    2009-04-23 02:28 AM
    I heard a patched Quickpwn is floating around the net that includes the services.plist fix in the jailbreak.....Anyone have any info on that??????????
    2009-04-23 02:40 AM
    Is there anything new to get going. No one has found the way to change wallpaper background from black?

Question: Guys how long is the battery lasting your guys using internet, email and a little bit of gaming per day. 2-3 hours or how much!
    2009-04-23 03:07 AM
    Is there anything new to get going. No one has found the way to change wallpaper background from black?

Question: Guys how long is the battery lasting your guys using internet, email and a little bit of gaming per day. 2-3 hours or how much!
    Currently there is still no way to change your background. Sad I know. I really want that.

Battery life for me, doing what your saying, with wifi and bluetooth off, I drain about 50 to 80% in a day. Really depends on what you're doing and what you have activated.
    2009-04-23 03:17 AM
    Currently there is still no way to change your background. Sad I know. I really want that.

Battery life for me, doing what your saying, with wifi and bluetooth off, I drain about 50 to 80% in a day. Really depends on what you're doing and what you have activated.
    1. Ya normally I check my two email accounts and about 15 emails each check. More or less four times a day.

2. Use internet to check my favorite web page Apple & iPhone News | Forums | ModMyi.com (But you know which thread I am checking the best one out there made by our great friend SleathBravo). For about 1-2 Hours a day.

3. Little program using for pics for the works I am doing in construction here in Mexico.

4. Little bit of phone calls like 20-30 minutes a day.

5. Last of all about 15 sms messages a day sent out and the Brightness about half way!

I go down to about 60% is that good?
    Last edited by grmiller; 2009-04-23 at 03:26 AM.
    2009-04-23 03:21 AM
    Just got off the phone with at&t tier 2 tech line, trying to get the account set up to send and receive mms. They said they received a direct e-mail from apple today(4/22/09) stating that in noway are techs allowed to change any account setting to allow mms/media push on beta 3.0 registered phones!

With this being said the mean no media net/ wap push or OTA(over the air activation) in noway no how. Now someone might help you, but now apple has made things a bit harder!
    2009-04-23 03:34 AM
    1. Ya normally I check my two email accounts and about 15 emails each check. More or less four times a day.

2. Use internet to check my favorite web page Apple & iPhone News | Forums | ModMyi.com (But you know which thread I am checking the best one out there made by our great friend SleathBravo). For about 1-2 Hours a day.

3. Little program using for pics for the works I am doing in construction here in Mexico.

4. Little bit of phone calls like 20-30 minutes a day.

5. Last of all about 15 sms messages a day sent out and the Brightness about half way!

I go down to about 60% is that good?
    For the amount of usage you're putting into I'd say that's about right. Keep in mind that the iPhone isn't known for its phenomenal battery life. lol
    2009-04-23 03:36 AM
    For the amount of usage you're putting into I'd say that's about right. Keep in mind that the iPhone isn't known for its phenomenal battery life. lol
    Thanks thats cool
    2009-04-23 03:41 AM
    iTunes won't let me update the ipcc file.
    Any ideas ??
    2009-04-23 03:48 AM
    iTunes won't let me update the ipcc file.
    Any ideas ??
    What you mean?

Did you shift click update and than at the bottom of the browse screen click on the file extension name. Change it to IPCC and than browse and select!
    2009-04-23 03:50 AM
    Worked fine yesterday. I had to restore, and wanted to update the ipcc again. iTunes keeps giving errors .....
    2009-04-23 03:55 AM
    so my dance with mms was short lived...guess ill have to wait till this summer
    2009-04-23 04:34 AM
    Just wanted to say that I got MMS working on my 3g. Did the ol'switcharoo trick with my blackjack and voila! it worked. Probably only for a few hours but at least I know I can get it to work
    Is it still working for you?
    2009-04-23 06:01 AM
    I'm starting to get aggravated with the 3.0
    Might have to go back to 2.2.1 ...............
    2009-04-23 06:26 AM
    Well my MMS worked great for 4 weeks and now its gone...

I guess I messed around with my carrier settings a little too much yesterday and last night they shut it down. After posting the updated ipcc file for everyone, I started to play around with the cellular data settings screen further. I got it to the point where you can edit your carrier settings, mms settings, apn settings, carrier images, all kinds of crazy stuff, and was about to post it when I realized I had been cut off.

It was too late to talk to level two tech support so I decided to try the old swim swapping trick. I could access media net from my old phone but when I went to send a MMS, it said user barred from network!

I called the level two tech support this morning and was told the same old song and dance that the iphone can not be provisioned for MMS even if I was a dev. They said further more that my account had been red flagged and now when I call the person immediately ask if I am calling about MMS provisioning.

I talked to a tech manager and he told me that they received a memo from Apple today that no iphone should be enabled with WAP Push, MMS, or any other provisioning not stated in original contract. He went on further to say that they will be doing a sweep blitz over the next few weeks to rid the system of people who have gotten it provisioned.

Well I waited 18 months for MMS, whats another 2?
    2009-04-23 06:32 AM
9,277 ... 3575838485868795135185 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD