Sorry if this is in the incorrect section - it involves the jailbreaking methods so i assumed it would go here.
    Hey guys, I have a couple questions about jaibreaking though I have already jailbroken my phone - I have noticed a steady decrease in performance as of my upgrade from 1.1.4 to 2.1

This may be me, the cydia apps, or even the app store apps but i think i'm going to restore my phone with factory settings then rejailbreak... though i will have to get each of my previous apps all over again.

Heres my phone history:
    bought @ 1.1.4 firmware
    Jailbroke @ 1.1.4 firmware to 1.1.4 firmware with ZiPhone
    Re-jailed @ 1.1.4 + upgrade to 2.1 firmware with ITunes
    Re-Jailbroke @ 2.1 firmware with WinPWN

Anyways I heard that each time you jailbreak an iphone it gets steadily slower but i've also heard that apps make it slower. Anyways just wanted to know what the best course of action would be and if its those things or just the crap processor.

ps. My phone is really buggy atm and so i might go ahead with the restore anyways.
    eg. Some cydia apps when 'poofed' and un-'poofed' over long periods of time (or some other factor) disappear from Cydia's install list.
    eg2. Blanks in SBSettings and only some get fixed with 'fix blanks'
    2009-04-08 12:17 AM
    There is a performance difference from 1.x to 2.x but there should not be any performance issues each time you restore and re-jailbreak. It is like installing OS for the first time on your computer. No old files or uninstalled files to worry about. It should be faster than before restore.

Apps (Appstore or Cydia),Themes and tweaks ...etc will make the phone slower because they are taking up memory but it should not be that significant. I have heard that winterboard (even though I have not seen this result) will make the phone slower.

Just restore and re-jailbreak and your phone will speed up.

I have never had a problem with poofed apps. Restore will probably be your best bet.
    Yeah I'm an iPhoneaholic!! So What!!!
    4s on 5.1.1 natural
    4 on 5.1.1 jailbroken on Straight Talk
    3Gs 5.0.1
    3G 3.1.3
    2G's on 1.1.4, 3.1.3
    2009-04-08 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD