Hi All,

My sister has an original 2g iPhone (8 gig) which is having a few problems. The unit has been flashed and JB'd/unlocked to use firmware 2.0.2.

Basically the unit started to put a message on the screen saying "Repair Needed" and it wouldn't receive or send calls. In addition, the wifi and bluetooth options are always greyed out.

If the phone is powered off and then back on the everything works fine again for a number of hours before the message comes back on and the operator signal goes to zero.

One other strange thing is that the IMEI is 00 499901 064000 0 which from what I read in a Google seach means the phone is acting up.

Someone said it was the comms board, but turning the phone off and back on brings it back to life, so the comms board must be ok.

I'm no expert on the iPhone so not sure what to do. I did follow some instructions to put the phone into DFU mode, reload the firmware and then use JB/unlock software like WinPwn. Again, same results. Phone works well for hour then gives me that message.

Any ideas on what the problem might be and how to fix?

Thanks

Sonski
    2009-04-16 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD