User Tag List

hey guys,

i have a 2G i phone which requires a restore. i did a shift restore and tried to use 2.2.1 restore file. after 1hr... its stuck in progress less then 50%. its no longer moving. what should i do now? i've stopped it a few times and restarted it.. every single time it stops in the same place.
    Attached Thumbnails phone stuck in restore mode-stuck.jpg  
    2009-04-19 06:09 AM
    Use DFU mode to restore to stock, then try again.
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    2009-04-19 06:12 AM
    Use DFU mode to restore to stock, then try again.
    thanks..

i tried the DFU, shift restore and selected 2.2.1 restore.. still stuck in the same place.
    2009-04-19 06:25 AM
    after 24hrs, its still stuck on "Verifying iphone restore"
    2009-04-20 06:58 AM
    wow thats crazy, are you positive you were in DFU Mode?
    2009-04-20 07:06 AM
    yes.. i sure. itunes confirmed DFU mode before i began the restore. i even tried an older version of itunes 7.5 and used firmware 1.1.4 (thats what i believe is currently on the phone) and i get the same problem. its stuck trying to "verifying iphone restore"

perhaps the memory is corrupt?? also sometimes i also got error 1601.
    2009-04-20 07:41 PM
    I the screen is blank...

Needs a new battery.... happened to me.....

problem is the battery is bad and the USB Power is not enough to complete the flash...
    2009-04-21 03:22 AM
    hard reset
    hold the home button and power for about 15 sec
    see if that works
    2009-04-21 05:56 AM
    yes.. prior to DFU mode, the screen is completely blank. then once i put it into DFU mode and begin the restore, i get the apple logo. if i use itunes 8.0 i get the progression bar to go about 40% (like in the picture i posted). but when i use itunes 7.5, i just get the spinning icon. if i dont resolve this soon, i'll crack her open and try the battery approach... thanks

I the screen is blank...

Needs a new battery.... happened to me.....

problem is the battery is bad and the USB Power is not enough to complete the flash...
    yes.. i've tried the recovery mode as well as the hard reset. im able to begin the restore, but will not get past 40%.

hard reset
    hold the home button and power for about 15 sec
    see if that works
    Last edited by daytonaviolet; 2009-04-21 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-04-21 07:44 AM
    today i replaced the battery from the kit i got from ebay. taking it apart and soldering was fairly simple. i charged it for about 1hr and restarted the restore. some good news and bad news. good news, the restore progress bar now goes to full bar 100%. but unfortunately Itunes still says "Verifying Iphone Restore" so what is the problem now??

1. perhaps i need to charge the phone over night??
    2. why would the restore indicator go to 100% but not come out of Verify mode??

what should i do now??
    2009-05-18 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD