Hi, I've installed a leopard theme which i like, i manually had to replace a few icons that the theme didn't do on it's own and everything is fine, but yesterday I went to replace a few more and I get a black box behind what should be transparent png's. See attachment.

I'm using the file browser app to browse to the files and replace the icon.png for each one manually and it worked before but now it's doing this.

Second question is: is there an easier way to browse to and replace icons, all the ones i want to use are in the theme folder and it seems like I should just be able to say, go here, use this icon....maybe?

Thanks

2009-04-22 08:10 PM
    try diskaid... if thats what the icons are like then its not gunna change... u need to find icons without the black background
    2009-04-22 10:56 PM
    the icons are deffinetly transparent, the black background of the irec and bottom four shouldn't be there. I've looked for the black image figuring I'd just save it as blank but no find it anywhere.

It looks as f some other theme is mingling with my icons...
    2009-04-23 01:00 AM
    post the icons that your using (having problems with) and let us take a look at them.
    Photoshop is a great tool. Just sayin'
    2009-04-23 01:05 AM
    post the icons that your using (having problems with) and let us take a look at them.
    Photoshop is a great tool. Just sayin'
    It's not the icons themselves, believe me, I work in Ps every day and can say without a doubt they are png's with a transparent background.

Something happened at some point though that when I swapped out the icons the same way I described above, the black secondary piece is added underneath it.

When I go back into the file it's just the transparent png. I'm assuming it's something I changed or got rid of in winterboard that is conflicting or screwin up. If I could find that black png I'd just open it and delete all the image and resave it but I can't even find that.

One thing I did notice and this is probably it, is that all the apps I tried to swap icons on are in this directory -

root/User/Applications/blahblah...

The normal apps that are working are in Root/Applications/blahblah
    2009-04-23 02:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD