Guys help.

I am currently running 3.0 beta 2 software (3g 16gb) and now the screen has gone purple with the usb connect to iTunes. I cant connect to itunes, I did once and it said that the firmware is not recognized.

I tried previously to download 3.0 beta 3, which I did, but iTunes wont recognize the software.

If anyone can help please let me know.

Regards

Darryn
    2009-04-24 01:56 PM
    Beta 2 release has expired, you will need to download beta 3 and Restore etc.
    I presume you have a dev account or are on someone seeing you had beta 2.
    2009-04-24 07:56 PM
    The betas expire 10 days after the release of a newer beta. The problem is now I don't think you can back up your phone so you will have to restore from an older backup or setup as a new phone. Hopefully you synced your phone recently. UPDATE TO BETA 3! Beta 4 comes out on Tuesday, so remember beta 3 will expire 10 days after that.
    2009-04-24 09:57 PM
    It wont let me restore to the new 3.0 bet3, it says that my firmware is not compatible.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Darryn.
    2009-04-25 12:02 AM
    I have a couple questions for you. Do your phone jailbroken? How did you originally install beta 2? If you have a developer account you can hold shift down and click restore and pick the downloaded firmware and then itunes will ask you for your information or you can use quickpwn afterwards to jailbreak and activate. If your phone is jailbroken already, you can use a program such as iphone browser to axcess information you don't want to lose such as call history, contacts, sms,etc. Let me know any questions you may have.

-Swampzy
    2009-04-25 03:31 PM
    put the phone in dfu mode, restore from there
    2009-04-25 04:04 PM
    Make sure your using the right firmware 3G firmware starts 1.2_3.0
    2G starts 1.1_3.0
    2009-04-25 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD