Well I can see how today is going to be, a crappy one.

Went to install iTunes 8.2 from my 8.0.2 version and toward the end of the install an error came up saying that a newer version of Apple Mobile Device Support was already installed(OKed that) then another one came up saying a newer version of Quicktime was installed already.

Frustrated I decide to uninstall iTunes and quicktime and try again. iTunes uninstalls fine but quicktime will not for the life of me, says their is already a newer version installed(I am uninstalling you bastard, I don't care what is installed).

I restart PC and try to install iTunes again but it will NOT. Says there is newer version installed still.

So I am now at the point where I have tried to uninstall everything apple related and if they don't uninstall I have manually deleted their folders under Program Files(which hasn't helped either).

So basically I have no iTunes and quicktime now and 3.0 beta 4 waiting to be installed but nothing will install.

I am running Windows Vista 32-bit

Help Anyone, What Have I Done!!

Thanks
    2009-04-29 10:55 PM
    Uninstall itunes, uninstall quicktime, delete their folders in program files and restart your PC. You're probably just being impatient.
    To live, you have to lie
    2009-04-29 11:18 PM
    Uninstall itunes, uninstall quicktime, delete their folders in program files and restart your PC. You're probably just being impatient.

Already uninstalled iTunes and it won't let me uninstall quicktime because it says there is already a newer version installed(have no clue why it tells me that because I am uninstalling it).

I have now deleted registry files for iTunes and quicktime via Revo Uninstaller. Will see if this works.

I am starting to hate Apple's stupid software and the damn installer which forces you to install quicktime.
    2009-04-29 11:23 PM
    In Xp you might need to remove data from the user folders in Documents Settings for both Apple and Quicktime - not only in your own account but all users accounts as well.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac
    2009-04-29 11:34 PM
    Well, after 3 hours of trying to get it to work I finally got it going. iTunes 8.2 is installed, thank God. Don't know how much longer I could have gone before I smashed my monitor in

Incase this happens to anyone else, deleting some of the registry files for quicktime fixed it.
    2009-04-29 11:39 PM
    Hi,
    Good to read that you have fixed the problem already.
    It most will help to use a good uninstall program.
    Greeting
    roady1
    2009-04-30 12:32 AM
    Well, after 3 hours of trying to get it to work I finally got it going. iTunes 8.2 is installed, thank God. Don't know how much longer I could have gone before I smashed my monitor in

Incase this happens to anyone else, deleting some of the registry files for quicktime fixed it.
    Always a good idea when uninstalling programs in Windows, to use an uninstall program like Revo or another and not rely on the control panel add/remove programs for this very reason.

Glad you got it sorted.
    2009-04-30 02:22 PM
    I have been in this situation for a while. No amount of uninstalling, registry cleaning or rebooting has resolved the issue. However I never give up hope that the next upgrade will work! But until then this is the fix:

you have to re-install itunes 7.7.1 (available via a Google search)along with Quick time lite (qtlite270.exe also available via a Google search)

this has been the only solution I have come across.
    2009-06-10 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD