Today I decided to finally update to 2.2.1 (from 2.2) on my 2G 8GB. I used Quickpwn on windows, then went back to my mac and restored. Then I noticed that Cydia is nowhere to be found. I did some more investigating to find that it seems ALL apps that were in 'Categories' folders have been deleted from the iPhone... but the weird thing is, they show up in the "Selected Applications" checklist, and the "Applications" tab in iTunes.

The crappiest part is though, CYDIA AND INSTALLER ARE GONE! They are, of course, not on the lists in iTunes either.

Please! Does anyone know how to get the apps back on the iPhone, and how to get Cydia and Installer back? I'm not real handy with command stuff, but I'm willing to try if someone knows how to help.

Thanks in advance!
    2009-05-07 11:59 AM
    Well, from what you have said it sounds like you jailbroke on windows, and then went and restored on a mac, which means it is no longer jailbroken.

Try this to get your apps back, may work may not.

Go to settings - General - Restrictions, and enable restrictions. Then reboot and go back and disable restrictions.

Why not jailbreak on your mac in future, save the hastle.
    2009-05-07 01:57 PM
    no need to reboot
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy
    2009-05-07 02:25 PM
    The switch between the pc and the mac had nothing to do with his issue, the fat that he restored after jailbraking. Had he done the same thing on his pc he would have had the same result. Jailbreak come after restore. Only time you would restore would be if he used Pwnage to create a custom firmware then used that to restore on his PC. He would have had to copy the custom firmware to the pc first though.

Sounds like he needs to redo his jailbreak- either use quickpwn on windows Or mac or create a custom firnware with Pwnage on a mac.
    2009-05-07 02:45 PM
    FIXED!!!

I did some digging on the BigBoss site and came up with the following:
    How To Restore Your 2.1 Backup | iPhone News, Help and Guides

All I did was enable, then disable restrictions (in Settings.app)!!! All icons are back including Cydia (Installer is still gone, but I assume it's behind the max 9 pages allowed on the springboard.)

Thanks for all the suggestions!
    2009-05-07 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD