hey guys.

im wondering if you could help me out.. I havent been on here for awhile and my knowledge is not up to par at the least.

I have my 8gb iphone on firmware 1.0.2 and its jailbreaked and modded..
    I was wondering if you could lead me in the right direction on how to upgrade to the new version without having any baseband issues like I had before on my other iphone.

If you could lead me to what I can do that would be greatly appreciated...

thanks a lot
    2008-03-10 07:22 PM
    If you've unlocked the phone, not just jailbroken, then follow these instructions to virginize the phone.

Then just go into iTunes and hit the update button. It should download and flash 1.1.4, then just run ZiPhone (windows app) and connect your phone with the cable, click a button and wait 5 mns and you're done!

ZiPhone can be downloaded here

When asked what he would say to the columbine killers, Marilyn Manson said, "I would say nothing to them. I would listen to what they have to say, because that's what nobody else did" from the movie Farenheit 9/11
    2008-03-10 07:52 PM
    Im assuming your running on ATT, NOT unlocked. So....its pretty easy.

All you need is a program called Ziphone. Google it.

You will want to VIRGINIZE your iphone first. You can do this with Ziphone, if your running WinPC, just install the program, plug your phone in and click the "virginize" button. This will bring it back to OTB (Out of the box).

Then, RESTORE your iphone to 1.1.4 in Itunes.

After that, run Ziphone again and click the "Jailbreak and Activate" button. WHAM....bout 2 minutes your done!

Oh, and dont forget, backup your phone with Itunes first, so you can re-sync all your contacts, email, sms, etc.
    2008-03-10 07:55 PM
    yea im on at&t no i just jailbreaked it didnt unlock it..
    2008-03-10 07:59 PM
    Then just follow NevarDeath's or my instuctions and its a snap. I always recommend to virginize and restore first, just because its cleaner, especially since the file system structure changed alot in the newer firmware versions.
    2008-03-10 08:02 PM
    where in ziphone is the virginize button?
    2008-03-10 08:03 PM
    Sorry, its actually the "refurbish" button, this will erase everything and put the iphone into recovery mode so you can restore in Itunes.
    2008-03-10 08:10 PM
    thanks... refurbishing done...

thanks nevardeath and cpjr... appreciate it
    Last edited by gotboosthatch; 2008-03-10 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-03-10 08:25 PM
    how about if i have an unlocked phone on 1.1.1?

any info?
    2008-03-11 12:49 AM
    what bootloader does it give you if you use ziphone just to jailbreak the phone on 1.1.4?

thanks
    2008-03-14 06:27 AM
    is this good to upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.4? much new ? or than i will have problems with ring tones and and ???
    2008-03-14 04:02 PM
    For unlocked 1.0.2, virginize, then restore to 1.1.4 and use iPlus to unlock 1.1.4

For jailbroken of any version, restore to 1.1.4 and use ZiPhone.

The reason I'm suggesting different programs is because iPlus uses the same jailbreak, but iPlus downgrades the 4.6 bootloader to the fakeblank one which overall better...
    2008-03-15 08:55 PM
    Hi guys,

Im hoping someone could help me out with a similar problem.
    I have got an unlocked iPhone 1.0.2 and would like to upgrade to 1.1.4.

I have got some tips that I should virginize my phone first by installing App Tapp. For some reason I can't install the installer.app on my iPhone.

I have followed this link http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4476 but when I restart there is no icon for installer.

Is there any other way for me to virginize my phone?

I would be very grateful for any help with this.

Thank you,

Vanilth
    2008-03-18 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD