Hi,

I've been trying to figure this out for a few weeks now, I have a jailbroken iphone with 2.2 on it, it's been working fine, I was able to sync it with itunes, etc.

all of a sudden, windows and itunes stopped seeing my iphone, I've tried different cables, different computers, and it just simply doesnt see it, my iphone charges, and beeps as it usually does,it works perfectly, but I cannot see my iphone under device manager and itunes does not see it as well, I've tried it in windows vista, and xp, and nothing helps.

I've tried forcing it into DFU mode, I have done that many times, but itunes still does not see it.

I'm thinking it is either a software problem that is preventing the phone from connecting with windows and itunes, maybe an app that disabled that future in the setting somehow, or that it is a hardware issue, but the phone charges fine, so the port does work.

I have backed up all of my contacts and pictures through SSH,

I'm wondering if there is a way to restore the iphone, or unjailbreak it through SSH so i can take it back to the apple store and maybe get it replaced.

any help or advise would be greatly appreciated, I'm stuck with this problem, and it is very frustrating

Dennis
    2009-05-24 09:49 PM
    Hmmm....Have you tried restarting your computer? What version of itunes?
    2009-05-24 09:58 PM
    yes, i've tried deleting itunes and installing it again, I tried this on four different computers, I first thought it was a problem with my computers, but after trying this on four different computers with vista and xp, I'm pretty sure its the phone.

I guess my main question is if i can restore or unjailbreak the iphone through ssh, or any other way without using itunes, so i can take it to the apple store.

thanks

Dennis

p.s.

and i've been using the latest itunes version available from their website
    2009-05-24 10:02 PM
    When you put the phone in DFU mode is the screen black?
    2009-05-24 10:28 PM
    Yes, the screen goes black
    2009-05-24 11:52 PM
    Thread moved
    2009-05-25 02:06 AM
    where was the thread moved to?
    2009-05-25 05:03 AM
    Its current forum location. Shown at the top of this page.
    2009-05-25 05:04 AM

Sorry, couldn't control myself..........O.o

Check your USB, change ports, restart comp.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-05-25 at 05:14 AM.
    2009-05-25 05:10 AM
    I have done that many times, as I stated in my original thread, I've tried to connect it to four different computers with 3 different cables, it charges, but not connecting to windows or itunes. This has been going on for about 3 weeks now, after not being able to figure anything out, I came here.

my questions is, is there anyway to manually restore or unjailbreak the iphone over SSH, or without using itunes????
    2009-05-25 07:18 AM
    can anyone answer my questions please? Is there anyway to manually restore the iphone over SSH, there must be a way to extract the necessary files from the firmware ipsw files and manually replace them over ssh.....I need to unjailbreak it, remove any traces that is has ever been jailbroken so i can take it to the apple store and hopefully get it replaces because this is a hardware issue.
    2009-05-28 12:58 AM
    can anyone answer my questions please? Is there anyway to manually restore the iphone over SSH, there must be a way to extract the necessary files from the firmware ipsw files and manually replace them over ssh.....I need to unjailbreak it, remove any traces that is has ever been jailbroken so i can take it to the apple store and hopefully get it replaces because this is a hardware issue.

This has worked for me. Close iTunes, put phone in Airplane mode turn off phone, insert USB & restart phone, iTunes recognized it.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-05-28 at 02:00 AM.
    2009-05-28 01:54 AM
    Hi,

thanks for responding, unfortunately that didnt work for me as well, I think i might have somehow fried the dock connector, or messed it up. I remember a while back I tried to make a charger to connect to my motorcycle, and i just cut the wires from the USB charger cable and connected them to a power distributor port that I connected to the battery (it was fused), and when i plugged in my phone, the screen went black, and it restarted,i got scared so i just unplugged it and never tried it again. I don't think ever since that i tried to sync it with my computer, the phone was charging fine, so it never raised any suspicion until now. I've been trying to figure this out for a while now, and I tried everything i can think of, but still, its not connecting, i even cleaned the dock connector really well but that didnt help. So now i just wanna unjailbreak it, so I can take it to the apple store and just tell them it stopped working since its still under warranty.
    2009-05-28 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD