Hi all!

I want to upgrade my 1Gen Iphone to the 2.2.1 FW. I currently have 2.0.2 (from December of last year if memory serves correctly). I was wondering what is the best way to update to this firmware? I'm not familiar with any definitions or ways or have ANY experience on how to do this so i might ask a bunch of questions. Basically want to upgrade with out losing any Apple and Cydia apps and some recordings i have...

The only programs i have as far as jail breaking and all that is WINPWN 2.5 Beta with firmwares i downloaded from modmyi.com. I recently downloaded the 2.2.1 FW.

A few things i'd like to know:
    1. How can i make sure my contacts will still be there after i upgrade?
    2. Also, all my Cydia apps as well, including the T-Zones from Boss will still be in effect? Since im paying for the 5.99 Tzones at the moment. Im using the epc.tmobile.com on the network address for it to work.
    3. I use a official Apple app to record my conversations and just stuff like that. It's called Quickvoice. I have a conversation i recorded i wanted to keep but unaware of how to back it up on my PC, is there a specific folder i can find this file to download it on my PC for back up. I tried using Ixfer and Iphone Browser Portable but had no fortune in finding the file.

Thanks for all your help guys!

Chris
    2009-05-26 10:08 PM
    Welcome to MMi,
    your contacts should be in your iTunes back-up if you Outlook, google address book. It depends how you have it set up.
    As far as your apps, you can use 2 apps in Cydia that will make it a bit easier when you re-load everything after the upgrade and re-jailbreak. AppBackup and AptBackup.
    Here is a tree type menu that will guide you thru the up-grade/re-jailbreak. It has pics, file's you'll need and complete instructions.
    Look here
    2009-05-26 11:09 PM
    Blkcadi,

Thanks so much. i will give it a try!

God bless

Chris
    2009-05-27 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD